ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a bit too much. Big round bezel. The back seems a tad poorly designed.

How many people use some form of a case? It makes perfect sense if so as the lens isn't then sunk into a recess.

My Nexus 6 is just like this, when it's in its case it's perfect. When it's naked its barely noticeable.

Apple will convince you it's a good thing surely!?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How many people use some form of a case? It makes perfect sense if so as the lens isn't then sunk into a recess.

My Nexus 6 is just like this, when it's in its case it's perfect. When it's naked its barely noticeable.

Apple will convince you it's a good thing surely!?

As always!

For what it's worth, i've never used a case on any phone.

dk

911 GTS Cab
specs leaked by china mobile apparently.

ios8

4.7-inch, 1134 x 750 resolution screen covered in sapphire glass.
16, 32, 64 and 128GB
8mb rear camera, 2.1 mp front camera
138 x 67 x 7mm
dust and waterproof

release date 19th September.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm still going for one on launch day. Provided EE are on the ball with it.

EEs current prices seems quite high when looking at 5s's.

I had a 24m contract with Tmobile last time as the difference between that and sim only was small but I think I may go handset only and a sim only contract this time as I reckon it will be a fair bit cheaper over the two year.

I've been with EE/orange for years. It's seems to be the only trouble free network around here. O2 has been down for literally weeks now. And tbh it's the business phone so that pays for it lol.

SQ5
1136 x 750 resolution screen covered in sapphire glass.

That means the screen will be the same width as current but another ~20% longer.

Uh oh...... It was actually leaked years ago!

840a3e31e10cbedab45a7ddbe3d2e023.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium

ios8

4.7-inch, 1134 x 750 resolution screen covered in sapphire glass.
16, 32, 64 and 128GB
8mb rear camera, 2.1 mp front camera
138 x 67 x 7mm
dust and waterproof

release date 19th September.

That simply can't be right about the resolution. With the amount of android phones with 4.7-5.2" screens that have 1080p screens now, Apple would have to have gone crazy to only put a screen with that many pixels in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Are we actually expecting anything other than a slightly larger iPhone? I mean, it's hardly the iPhone 5S-S it's a new phone. So all we're getting is a redesign? No technological mastery rumours?

Oh dear I hope those pictures are fake.

Thats one of the biggest downfalls of my Nexus. Granted in a case its ok as it sits flush, but I would be amazed if Apple did such a design.

The pictures just look like a worse looking bigger iPhone. I was almost hoping for something that would sway me back, but now I'm not sure.

Only a short time to wait and see!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh dear I hope those pictures are fake.

Thats one of the biggest downfalls of my Nexus. Granted in a case its ok as it sits flush, but I would be amazed if Apple did such a design.

The pictures just look like a worse looking bigger iPhone. I was almost hoping for something that would sway me back, but now I'm not sure.

Only a short time to wait and see!

Pretty sure those are accurate mate.

Ah I see... so for the non case people, its never going to lie flat on a table! Hope the lens is covered is something pretty scratch resistent.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm sure it will be fine...I think Apple will have thought of all that before designing it.

SQ5
When the 5 was released were all the leaks correct? As I don't seem to remember any of them being correct?

An orange one
When the 5 was released were all the leaks correct? As I don't seem to remember any of them being correct?

AFAIK most of them were pretty accurate. Anyhow I'm completely not interested this time. Much more exciting things to spend my money on than a new phone. It'll be a great brilliant upgrade from a 4/4S but I'm keeping my 64gb 5S.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
AFAIK most of them were pretty accurate. Anyhow I'm completely not interested this time. Much more exciting things to spend my money on than a new phone. It'll be a great brilliant upgrade from a 4/4S but I'm keeping my 64gb 5S.

I'll probably get it but I tend to agree with you on this one. I have 32gb 5S and can't see why I'd want to get rid. My contract is up too so can go sim only.

My dealer threw in a free iPhone adaptor for my car too which won't fit if i get a new one.

What do they cost?

Nippy white cup
I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade from my 5. Although I do agree if I had a 5S I probably wouldn't. I have never bothered with the s's as I tend to wait till they bring a newer design out rather than a slight upgrade.

Also thanks for the battery link...booked in on Sat to sort it so at least if I give it to Nic she won't have the problems I ended up with!

I'll be upgrading from my 5. Currently using a loaner from Apple as mine is away having the lock button fixed under extended warranty, the battery is humped as well but it doesn't qualify for that warranty. Due an upgrade too.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm only about 10-12 months in to a 24 month contract but I'm quite happy with my 5S for the time being. Will probably get the 6S if they stick to previous releases.

Battery is knackered though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would any of you guys consider moving manufacturer?

ST
Would any of you guys consider moving manufacturer?

If the 6 doesn't impress I'll either keep this 3 wk old 32gb 5 on sim only or look at Android as my Z2 works fairly well, it just doesn't integrate as well as the iPhone with my MacBook Pro or Apple TV.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I've got apple everything at home so makes more sense staying with the iphone, plus the mrs has a samsung galaxy which I just find a bit less user friendly.