ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

An orange one
I'm not excited :( If that's the final look its poor for apple, it blends in just like any other android device IMO.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Couple of those videos now, looks like it could be the one. Looks awful tbh but I'll still get it because #ibumiphones

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lock button on the side by the looks of things on that video...?

cant imagine them changing that tbh. the buttons are sort of iconic of the iphone. every phone has had the physical buttons in the same place

SQ5
lock button on the side by the looks of things on that video...?

cant imagine them changing that tbh. the buttons are sort of iconic of the iphone. every phone has had the physical buttons in the same place

Apple are quite good at "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" method of design so I'm sure they'll leave it. Less than a week now though, speculation is going to be mental over the next few days.

I've always been an iPhone fan since I first got my 3G back in't day - great bits of kit. Thought I'd never have any cause to switch to another brand, as I was so used to, happy, and familiar with iOS etc. Have never been impressed with Android when I've played with it - although admittedly, this probably hasn't been for a few years.

However, I've just watched this - and this is probably the first non-iPhone phone that I've seen and want.

See what Tuesday brings..

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
LG G3 still looks like a phone I would design. Stunning.

M8 best made, thing is lovely, just the front speaker holes ruin it a little.

The iPhone is still a beautiful piece of kit. As the 6 will also be.

All the androids still look really s**t to me. Like really s**t.

I'll admit I am an apple fan anyway but the androids always look to have a really messy display and poorly thought out.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Do you not have an iPad? I'll be streaming in the ATV.

No, only an iPhone... I might borrow the missus iPad though if she'll let it leave the house! I did find a stream last time that worked on Windows but it had s**t American teenagers discussing it the whole time as it was playing!

Impreza RB5 #054
All the androids still look really s**t to me. Like really s**t.

I'll admit I am an apple fan anyway but the androids always look to have a really messy display and poorly thought out.

I agree, for me, nothing comes close to rivalling apple for ease of use and looks/style.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Android has come a long way whilst iOS hasn't really gone much further than it did 2yrs

chart32.jpg

Just look at the market share now... Google are apparently set to enforce standards on the next versions GUI (maybe it's time to say goodbye to TouchWiz) and it's looking like a genuine competitor to iOS. I am looking to come back from AOSP to iOS because Google are slowly but surely closing down the open source loops.

It's an old article now but still a good read: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013...ntrolling-open-source-by-any-means-necessary/

Sorry, I digress.... iphone 6, Yey!

SQ5
Isn't that comparison a bit unfair though. Apple sell two phones that run iOS, there are a fair few that run android.

Z4
I hope apple actually make a decent upgrade this time, I'm getting fed up of such minor changes each time!

If they don't, my money will be going on a Sony Z2 or HTC m8. I'd consider the samsung if it didn't feel so plasticky & cheap.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I might start a queue for the 6s on the day after the 6 launches.

And then sell my space in my own queue for £million.

Back looks s**t, but the rest is nice.

But, for the first time in 5 years I won't be upgrading at launch. Financially I can't justify the upgrade :(

Yes that's correct. iPhone 6 will have a s**t screen. Apple decided to reverse everything they did with Retina displays, and revert back to low resolution panels.

SQ5
Hella s**t display, kind of confirms that that won't be the shape, so still hope for that s**t camera to be flush.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Too many vids and pics for the camera to be wrong imo. Protruding is just a road to ruin surely?