ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Slow red one
I know this is slightly off but in preperation for the next gen iphone I already have a friend at work waiting to buy my 4, what would you say is a reasonable price for the 16gb? In mint condition. Would you say £370 is good? Had a look on ebay and saw a few buy it nows for like £430. Guess this could be handy for anyone else selling.

Listerine & Poledo
6/7th Sept announced.

Probably available 16th Sept.

Announced 6/7
Half a dozen available in Apple stores 16th Sept.
Availability rising for Christmas (on the most expensive version only)
Then a white version released a fortnight before iPhone 6

Mountune Tractor
"It has been a while since we last heard any rumors regarding the iPhone 4S, but we have something for you now which may be of considerable interest. Apple’s iPhone PR team has apparently been discovered to be sending out invites to UK journalists for the upcoming WWDC 2011 event.
This has been noted by the guys over at ElectricPig, who are suggesting that this is a good enough reason to believe that Apple may unveil the iPhone 4S at their press conference in San Francisco on June 6th.
They add that it’s strange for the Apple iPhone PR team to specfically invite UK journalists to the event, unless there isn’t going to be something big to announce. After months of speculation, consumers had seemingly become aware that Apple may only be introducing iOS 5 to the world at the event, but after this piece of news – everything is still up in the air.
Just to clarify, the iPhone 4S is thought to be a minor modification of the iPhone 4, and not a fully fledged successor which warrants the tag ‘iPhone 5′. The iPhone 4S may come with a dual-core A5 processor seen in the iPad 2, as well as a better camera (8 megapixel?) and faster data speed support"

So basically a load of b****cks.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Shall we make a 'Danny's stupid iPhone questions' thread in preparation or just merge it with the Mac one?

I'm just thinking of which is the easiest to ignore.

All these dates are stupid. Take a seat and wait for the keynote.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Inferno 182 CUP
The queue outside the apple shop was a bit dissapointing this morning, wish I hadn't bothered camping outside the shop all night now :-(

I said see it not buy it in the Apple Store .. keynote doesnt start until 18:00 anyway .. so IF and that is IF they preview it .. 4S not a 5 .. it will be tonight.

Although im eating my words a little bit and im unsure what they will do.

Perhaps they will save it for the next keynote. Devs dont really need the hardware - its the software there after .. and after all .. this is the DC

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
^ What are you going on about and why the f**k did someone spend all night outside the Apple Store?

LOL.

6PM our time.

No video feeds (yet) but various sites will be doing a text commentary. Which will then be reposted on here within seconds.

Clio 172 cup
Think we all know we wont see a IP5 till at least November, although if LG and HTC 3d handsets start selling in massive numbers in aug/sep it maybe rushed forward a few weeks around end of september/ early october

Apple know there slice of the pie will get considerbly smaller the longer the release date is kept.

Even apple fanboys are getting tempted by rival handsets more than ever now

Rav4
Think we all know we wont see a IP5 till at least November, although if LG and HTC 3d handsets start selling in massive numbers in aug/sep it maybe rushed forward a few weeks around end of september/ early october

Apple know there slice of the pie will get considerbly smaller the longer the release date is kept.

Even apple fanboys are getting tempted by rival handsets more than ever now

True, the amount of people moving to the HTC sensation and Samsung Galaxy SII from iOS is quite extensive. I've considered it numerous times.

Inferno 182 CUP
£10 says Forstall will go on stage to introduce Twitter integration on IOS5 and his twitter account will see its first ever tweet despite registering the account in July 2010 ;)

Mountune Tractor
Is it wrong I am rather excited for 6 pm?

I'll be excited when they tell me I can get a new generation iPhone in September. Until then I shall not get excited in the slightest.
Especially when Quidco are offering £160 cashback on iPhone 4 contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.