ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: iPhone 4G Rumours

BenWall said:
Think it's going to have the Atom CPU and a OLED screen with a better camera, that will be it.

It's not the h/w that made the iphone so good, it's the s/w. People seem to forget that. HTC can have better h/w all day long but doesn't mean it will be better. It's the OS and the apps created for it.

It won't be Atom based, it'll be A4 powered and I seriously doubt that it'll be oled, there's no point as apple already proved that they have awesome LCD partners.

I agree that there's little else that could be added to the phone itself, it has pretty much all the hardware you need, a product upgrade is likely to just update specifications and do little else.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

No point in OLED?

it is MUCH more efficient, given that arguably the biggest problem with the iphone is its terrible battery life, an OLED screen is a must imo.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

tyranical said:
No point in OLED?

it is MUCH more efficient, given that arguably the biggest problem with the iphone is its terrible battery life, an OLED screen is a must imo.

Umm, dunno where you info comes from, but oleds have their own set of problems which would be unacceptable for apple to ship in a device.

To quote wikipedia on oled power:

While an OLED will consume around 40% of the power of an LCD displaying an image which is primarily black, for the majority of images, it will consume 60–80% of the power of an LCD - however it can use over three times as much power to display an image with a white background such as a document or website. This can lead to disappointing real-world battery life in mobile devices.

I'll eat my hat if the next iPhone contains an oled display, and that means going out an buying one first.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Orange staff, mentioned end of June.

RS Megane DCi 175

I'm not really fussed on what it has hardware wise - as already mentioned, its the software that makes it special imo.
A bit thinner, bit better camera and better battery life would have me for another 18months. But I really need a new one soon - am still on a 3G that is quickly approaching 2years old.

182, turbo rx8, 911

I really can't wait for this new release. I find my 3G so slow, even though it's been restored to factory settings and I don't want to change to a 3GS to get a new one in what could be a couple of months!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i have a 3G.

I would be happy with:

longer battery life (i rape the wifi/3g etc)
bigger storage (i have a 16gb)
better camera
make it a bit quicker.

I would be more than happy with all that.

I am in the same boat, just waiting for when the new one comes out, whenever that is. woot!

Clio 182 cup'd

I'm not really fussed on what it has hardware wise - as already mentioned, its the software that makes it special imo.
A bit thinner, bit better camera and better battery life would have me for another 18months. But I really need a new one soon - am still on a 3G that is quickly approaching 2years old.

Software? Everything you mention there is hardware related! lol

Unless they do something radical with the new one, I wont be upgrading from my 3GS.

I'm pretty sure they wont do anything radical either, they have enough fan boys to keep them in business without impressing anyone else!

RS Megane DCi 175

Software? Everything you mention there is hardware related! lol

Unless they do something radical with the new one, I wont be upgrading from my 3GS.

I'm pretty sure they wont do anything radical either, they have enough fan boys to keep them in business without impressing anyone else!

I know the things I mentioned are hardware related, but irrespective of whether they are thinner / better camera / better battery etc, it's the software that makes them special. So either way I'll have whatever they release in June.
/fanboy

:)

There is nothing wrong with the battery life. Users are just too f**king lazy to turn off the services they are not using. More is always better though of course.

My contract is due to end late 2010 so I'll wait for iPhone 12G. Roffle.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah indeed Roy, i don't think the battery is bad, but i just rape it and as you say, i just want more.

Fiat Panda 100hp

yeah indeed Roy, i don't think the battery is bad, but i just rape it and as you say, i just want more.

Hopefully with the new A4 chip in the batt should improve. Finges crossed.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

it was posted a few posts up.

i reckon it is a dodgy copy made by the far east tbh.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

i've edited now lol

Just reading the posts on MACrumors now, most are crying fake, but someone did point out that the fakes normally have USB connections not the Apple style dock connector as seen on this one.

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Quite a good fake though at face value, in regards to the detail on the back.

AK

M240i

If it is real it looks like a backwards step imo, looks fat too chunky with the square sides..

AK

M240i

Plus they said it was running some weird new OS, surely it'd be running 4.0, which everyone has seen..

That won't be it.

Apple are one of the most secretive companies on the planet. They had the iPad screwed to desk when in development. They have any products under covers. Red lights flashing when products are out in the open. Yet they think someone has taken it out and then left in in a coffee shop?

I don't think so somehow.

AK

M240i

Interesting.

Not arsed about changing if that's all the updates it's going to have tbh..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Either way i'll get a new one.

No point in denying it. I cant be a pleb.

Citroen DS3 DSport

That won't be it.

Apple are one of the most secretive companies on the planet. They had the iPad screwed to desk when in development. They have any products under covers. Red lights flashing when products are out in the open. Yet they think someone has taken it out and then left in in a coffee shop?

I don't think so somehow.

Engadget are saying that the same iPhone device can be seen in the photo of the iPad screwed to the desk.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Put it this way there's no chance that prototypes will have the final design.

3GS prototypes had a matt black finish to throw people off.

E87 118d M Sport

Definitely not! The visual side of things will be kept a secret until the last moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.