ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 4G Rumours

I've just read a rumour that you'll be able to close an app and open another one without actually closing the first one. It'll just look like the first app is closed, but it will actually still be eating CPU cycles and memory while you're not using it.

That sounds awesome.

S3, Polo

^ Sweet, so the battery will last half as long as it does now? THAT's awesome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Do you think they will break the record for quickest battery drain this time? Did well with the 3g.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It was a joke.

Clique c**t!

<3

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I've just read a rumour that you'll be able to close an app and open another one without actually closing the first one. It'll just look like the first app is closed, but it will actually still be eating CPU cycles and memory while you're not using it.

That sounds awesome.

I've heard it has a screen on the back for the other app so you can flick it over and see the app doing nothing in the background.

S3, Polo

^ LOL

Mine gets charged daily. Pointless being caught short with a "20% remaining" warning a day and a half after it's last charge!

I personally don't have a problem with the battery life but then I don't spend all day on the App store and sending a thousand texts. It lasts me a good 2-3 days. Saying that, on a couple of occasions my 3GS has thrown a hissy fit and the battery lost the plot. Righted itself though.

More would always be better though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I've heard it has a screen on the back for the other app so you can flick it over and see the app doing nothing in the background.
That I would consider as rumour. ;)

That's actually quite funny Tom.

^ LOL

Mine gets charged daily. Pointless being caught short with a "20% remaining" warning a day and a half after it's last charge!

Mine would probably last 3 days. But I don't use the net on it much when I'm at work.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

the battery on my 3G is shocking, have to charge it every day and I make few calls each day.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I have to laugh at the people saying the battery life is okay aslong as you don't use it too much.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I'll tell you what i think WILL happen.

Better camera (5.0mpx)
Unibody constuction (Ally frame, glass screen, ally back)
LED flash
Bigger storage
Multicore ARM chip + a seperate graphical chip

+ enhancements via OS4.

No it'll be the s**t push touch, just like on the BB Storm 1.

Ah wicked. I hope they really take away some of the awesome features. I'd also like to see the case look like a cheap Thai market stall fake. I'm tired of having a fashion accessory :(

I'll tell you what i think WILL happen.

Better camera (5.0mpx)
Unibody constuction (Ally frame, glass screen, ally back)
LED flash
Bigger storage
Multicore ARM chip + a seperate graphical chip

+ enhancements via OS4.

I reckon they might higher the res of the screen too.

the battery on my 3G is shocking, have to charge it every day and I make few calls each day.

I have to laugh at the people saying the battery life is okay aslong as you don't use it too much.

Mines on 66% battery, with 1 Day, 5 Hours standby, and 3 Hours use.

So what gally said. Fine as long as you don't use the thing lol.

Did I say that? I said it lasts me a few days which is fine for me. My old phones lasted longer with the same usage, but as I don't live on a polar ice cap, a power socket is never too far away so it's not a major issue for me.

Barge

Mines on 89% it's done a couple of texts and just sat there really. When I use it later when I'm home it'll go down, but generally mines quite good I rarely get it down to under 10% as I charge it everyday. It's a modern phone, which does some mint stuff... If I wanted a battery to last 3 days I'd buy a Nokia brick phone.

Did I say that? I said it lasts me a few days which is fine for me. My old phones lasted longer with the same usage, but as I don't live on a polar ice cap, a power socket is never too far away so it's not a major issue for me.

You did not - but a few people have who posted after you! What happens if we have a big freeze and your not near a power socket - is there an app for that?

You did not - but a few people have who posted after you! What happens if we have a big freeze and your not near a power socket - is there an app for that?

No socket - no problem, just plug it into a USB port!! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I never said you did say that.

Did I? :S

Mine lasts a day of use, max.

Boohoo. I plug it in until charged before bed, turn off "phone" in SBS settings, still at 99% the next morning, done. If it lasts less, I plug it in at work. Or in the car.

Rocket Science 101.

On a more serious note... would Apple just make the back more scratch resistant... is that too much to ask?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Can you ever make something Scratch resistant that's affordable to put on millions of phones?

Barge

People want carbon man (ooo, that was really Geordie), I guess they're not made to last forever these days. Scratches are inevitable unless you protect it. :(

Can you ever make something Scratch resistant that's affordable to put on millions of phones?

Pretty sure the HTC Hero has some sort of Teflon coating, but its 100% more durable than the iphone 3GS. I'm pretty sure Apple can make something thats just slightly more hard wearing!

Apple can afford it, they must be making a mint out of iphone sales!

On a more serious note... would Apple just make the back more scratch resistant... is that too much to ask?

Scratching doesn't really bother me, as long as it's not the screen.

They just replace them free anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.