ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4.0 Event April 8th

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Right installed os 4.0 using Mac at work then says I can't activate on it because I need 10.5. Luckily plug it in pc at home and 10 minutes later it's syncing. Really impressed with it so far and it seems alot more stable than some gold releases let alone beta!

Bit gutted the double tap home button obviously doesn't pull up the iPod controls anymore but I'm sure there's a way somehow or will be anyway.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah found it accidently in the end lol.

Then remembered to turn that shake to shuffle shite off.

It had a funny 5 early and all icons just went but after a reboot all was well

AK

M240i
Same :(

I know one (Moby lol)

Have you got a developers license? Or were you going to buy one off the 'bay?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
if anyone has a B2 download link (3GS) let me know.

I just need the IPSW

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Do you have to use a mac to activate the 4.0 beta? (noon question sorry)

No

You need a Mac to install os to iPhone but you can use windows to activate etc. Our Mac room was still running macs with 10.4 so could install BUT not activate so good old windows worked fine for that

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
if anyone has a B2 download link (3GS) let me know.

I just need the IPSW

Is it up already?

Edit : it's being upped on newsbin right now I think.

This beta may also work with windows install etc??

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just a heads up for some of you guys

If you've got a 3G, you can get OS 4.0 beta on your phone for free, without UDID registration, you need a bit of technical knowhow (SSH'ing and editting some files) to do it.
I won't post it here incase its illegal or something, but its out there if you look for it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I've not abused it yet TBH... just playing around.

My 3GS is still running the last issue. 4.0 is on my 3G, just in case. lol.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
So whoever on beta 2 is it worth while upgrading to it yet? I'm pretty happy with the stability of beta1 and the odd big here and there but I've not heard much about 2 yet.

Any new bugs etc?

Ford Kuga Phev
I have some spare UDID Slots if anyone wants to try the beta, just pm me and maybe send me a Paypal gift. :)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Beta 2 is a joke, dont bother.

Cheers chap.

Hopefully beta 1 will stay active until beta 3 is out. On beta os3 didn't they have some sort of de activation thing going on in the beta stages?