ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4.0 Event April 8th

Tappd'd RS
Yum!

iphone40software8.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Tap to focus on video already exists though?

Ooo interesting if multitasking doesn't kill battery and performance.

Iceberg Ph1
I'm gonna launch mail, this has a URL -- so I jump to safari -- so I want to go back to mail... I double click the home button and a window raises that shows me all the apps that are running." Like a dock you can call up -- smart!
iphone-os-4-0133-rm-eng.jpg

"And again, I can go home anytime I want. Boom I'm home. Make sense? Really simple UI, puts all the apps at the bottom that are running." You can scroll through the list. "Also, you see the new look of the dock. So that is multitasking. We've been using it a lot and it changes the way you use the iPhone."
iphone-os-4-0138-rm-eng.jpg

Catch More Here:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/live-from-apples-iphone-os-4-event/?sort=newest&refresh=60

Citroen DS3 DSport
Bugger if this is released as a beta today I may well have to renew my developer membership :(

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Bugger if this is released as a beta today I may well have to renew my developer membership :(

Bear in mind that only applications you write will be able to take advantage of the multitasking, you'd have to wait until Apple allows 4.0 submissions before any of your existing apps would work in the background.

doesnt sound that ground breaking an bloatly tbh an how long before we can get our hands on it

Last edited:
  Iceberg Ph1
Am liking the multi email accounts too tbh

Edit: Attachments! Finally!

iBooks.. Jog on Steve :rasp:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Multiple exchange accounts, hurrah. Now they just need to make SLS talk exchange so you can push email from it.

Iceberg Ph1
We think customers will really enjoy this. It's a delightful ebook reader. You can buy your books once and read them anywhere." Even Steve doesn't seem that excited about this.

Haha..

I'm not liking the iAd idea tbh.

Sounds like all free aps would have an advert pop up every 3 mins?!

E87 118d M Sport
PMSL

"Demo time! “What we’ve done is mocked up a few ads.” Toy Story 3 ad. “It’s a Disney movie coming out this June… I’ve seen it, it’s really good.” Laughter.” All this stuff is done in HTML5, by the way.” Bigger laughter. Ouch, Adobe."

Iceberg Ph1
It is very well implemented onto the iPhone I must admit, but for me iAds is a bit of an iFail moment.. Who knows.. this is good for devs though...

Does it not Annoy u Roy how u have to close down what your doing to reply to a txt then load it up again?

No not really. I'm not saying other people wouldn't find it handy but it offers no added value for me. Safari opens up as it was left, as does the iPod. As long as I can use those features effectively uninterrupted alongside the phone calls and texts, I'm fine with it as it stands.

i wont be getting multi tasking on my so called 3rd gen touch because its no different spec wise to a 2nd gen one :(

Last edited: