ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPads

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The only reason I bought the 3G model again was because it was sometimes easier to take to meetings than my MBP. :eek:

The downside is the big, ugly black strip on the rear for the antenna.

Glad I did now too. I went for 32GB in case I ever need storage, but I've only currently occupied 4GB. lol.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I personally wouldn't buy anything that didn't have 3G, even if you don't think you need it, you'll still end up using it.

We take ours out and about all the time. We went for a 16GB, purely because we don't put music or videos on it!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Most people have an iphone or android these days, so just tether if your out. Thats what I do.

You dont need 3g imo.

Mk5 golf gti
i have never needed the use of 3g on mine, wifi hotspots are everywhere

glad i didnt get 3g

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I tether mine with my O2 iPhone 4, works a treat :)

How much extra a month do ya pay for O2 tethering? I know it's included in their new iPhone contracts but you have to pay extra per month on one of their old iPhone 4 contracts.

Tesla MP3 2021
You can only get tethering if you move to the new tariffs, I had to move from the very first Simplicity iPhone tariff.
I think I pay £10 which is for the iPhone works bundle which is 1GB worth of shared data.

^ £12 wahoo.

Just been eyeing up the iPad 2 16gb Wifi in black on the Apple Uk store.

I am getting a pretty good bonus in work this month so might have it soon.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I just got a 32GB WiFi one, haven't used it yet because it's syncing and updating, but looking forward to it.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm thinking about buying one with 3G and WiFi with a T-Mobile PAYG sim, £20 for 6 months unlimited DATA.

Not sure if I should wait with this rumoured 2.5? and my mate is convincing me I won't use 3G on it but I don't know if I will lol!

Golf R32
Got myself a 32gb wifi and loving it so far. Didn't bother with the 3G version as I primarily use it at work an home, both of which I just connect to the wifi, plus as said there are wifi spots everywhere and can set my up iPhone As a hotspot.

There is always rumour mongering about any tech, personally can't see the 2.5 coming along any time soon

Kawasaki ER6N
So glad I got the 3G one as was watching the golf while I waited for the gf to do race for life on sun lol.

BG 182 (full fat)
A bucket doesn't replace a bath. What's your point?

Someone said it replaces a laptop, when it clearly doesnt and im not even going to go into why it doesnt, because surely you are all not that stupid.

actually....

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Someone said it replaces a laptop, when it clearly doesnt and im not even going to go into why it doesnt, because surely you are all not that stupid.

actually....

Go on, convince us.

Fact of the matter is, computers have become all pervasive, even those people who shy away from technology have them.

I'd imagine that most home computers get used for two things now, surfing the Internet and emailing maybe writing the odd letter, but I'd imagine even that is rare for most "average joe" computer users these days.

IPad is a perfectly good laptop replacement for most people, especially the kind of people who buy whatever piece of crap laptop is on the shelf at the supermarket.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm getting my first iPad tomorrow so I can spend more time on CS. Red leather smart cover. Maximum baller.

You wont be saying that when the fucker slips from your hand and you crumple a corner.

I'd recommend a proper case personally, despite the slightly cool nature of the smart cover.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I got the black leather cover, its good, but expensive. I agree though a full case would be better, they should make a better backing to the iPad so it's not easily scratched ( like the iPhone 4 )

AK

M240i
I got the black leather cover, its good, but expensive. I agree though a full case would be better, they should make a better backing to the iPad so it's not easily scratched ( like the iPhone 4 )

The 4 easily scratches? Really? It's glass. Maybe the 3GS.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You wont be saying that when the fucker slips from your hand and you crumple a corner.

I'd recommend a proper case personally, despite the slightly cool nature of the smart cover.

I've got a apple 'smart cover' on mine, and never had any probs with it slipping out of my hand.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Slipping is nothing to do with the smart cover, but it offers zero protection against it being dropped (slipping out your hand, being knocked off the table etc).

The corners on the iPad 2 are seriously susceptible to damage because they're so thin.

Just remember this thread when you crumple a corner.

So iPads the time has come now my laptop has screen is broken. I am going to get a new one of EBay and fit it myself but it gives an excuse to get an iPad.

So I am thinking 16gb black with WiFi & 3G.

What is the best case then? The smart covers look pretty cool. I want one which will protect and stop it from slipping out my grasp.