ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPads

I'm wanting to buy one.

Does anyone know of any deals or the cheapest place to buy from?

Also what model is the best and do any certain models carry faults to look out for?

Thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Apple Store.

Wouldn't bother with a 3G. Also wouldn't bother with anything other than a 16GB.

iPad 2's are nigh on faultless.

Cheers.

Yeah I won't be bothering with 3G as I don't think it will leave the house very ofthen.

Do the apple store still sell the iPad 1? if so what is the difference in price.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Black 16gb wifi.

Unless you work away a lot and want lots of films on there, then get a 32gb wifi.

Still love mine, infact I'm using it now!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I'm really pleased, don't think It'll ever get used to its full capabilities though

Rav4
Apple Store.

Wouldn't bother with a 3G. Also wouldn't bother with anything other than a 16GB.

iPad 2's are nigh on faultless.

Why only 16GB?

3G is good if you're on the train and or travel lots around UK.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'd recommend the 64Gb Wifi +3G tbh. We bought ours on Monday and I've never been off it since (sad I know but hey). Reason I think you need the 64Gb is ours is got all our music, photos and films. All of which wouldn't fit on anything less.

I'd recommend the 3G, buy it unlocked to any network and buy a pay as you go sim card. Just for those occasions where you need a connection but are out with a wifi hotspot. Unless of course you have a smart phone and contract that allows you to use it as a wifi hotspot?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I hope it was more than £200 off. Because £660 is mental.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I hope it was more than £200 off. Because £660 is mental.

Got it for the price of a 32Gb so not too bad. Guy told me that coz of the Japanese tsunami they are having supply problems. Said they had no wifi onlys and had been that way for a couple of weeks.

DCi
I want a 16gb wifi.

I have an iphone for out and about - don't really need a 'full screen' view of things when im out.
I have a NAS to store all my shizzle and there are apps to stream it over wifi.
I have a desktop to play games/footy manager on

so I want an ipad to browse the internet whilst im sat on the couch etc... but I've just paid for a holiday so it's gonna wait :(

RIP Dan
Due to my usual bad luck I didnt get one. Really wanted one and was in Hong Kong which would usually = win. But the Ipad 2 was due out in a matter of weeks so they only had Ipad 1. Decent discounts to be had but I didnt see the point of buying the 1.

Went for 2 Notebooks instead, one for the Mrs and happy with them. Still not an Ipad though. My old dear has ordered one and its taking fcuking weeks. Jealous.

Inferno 182 CUP
i have a 32GB WIFI

big enough for films and music and if i need internet coverage away from home my iphone 4 tethers anyway

Tesla MP3 2021
I got a white 16GB iPad 2 last month. Amazing bit of kit and iOS5 makes it even better so that will be something to look forward to :)

16GB was plenty for me.

Rav4
I got a white 16GB iPad 2 last month. Amazing bit of kit and iOS5 makes it even better so that will be something to look forward to :)

16GB was plenty for me.

I have a 16gb 3g in black in my cupboard, haven't opened it as I am thinking of getting the 32gb instead (16gb was a present, but the person only wanted it in white :S)

Anyhow, what's the split keyboard like?

Recently looked into this and after going with a Vodafone deal, I sent it back and bought a white 16gb wifi model.

My laptop now has dust on it (and I'm a clean freak). You really won't look back, and using a friend's iPad1 last night, the 2 is significantly "smoother".

Kawasaki ER6N
Got a 64gb iPad 1 wifi and 3G for £99 then £25 a month for a 15gb monthly allowance works out about the same as buying out outright without a contract.

I won't be doing a contract.

White or Black. Hmm

Think I will go for a 16gb iPad 2. I am guessing it was you Revels who changed the title. Thanks

I'm not a pikey, but I didn't/wouldn't bother with 3G.

Mine never leaves the living room (wifi), and when it does I usually have wifi where I'm taking it (work/parents/friends).

I hardly use the 3G on my phone either.

I won't be doing a contract.

White or Black. Hmm

Think I will go for a 16gb iPad 2. I am guessing it was you Revels who changed the title. Thanks

Haha. Yeah, it was me :eek:

I got a 16GB black. Even if you don't compress a film, a DVD quality AVI rip will be circa 700MB. So 10 of those. Still got room for a thousand songs and pictures.

White doesn't look as good if you're trying to watch a film, it draws the eye towards the frame, whereas the black blends more.

I knew it would be you :)

Yeah I don't think I need bigger than 16gb, I don't really watch movies often. The main reason is because I am sick of my laptop even though it is a good spec. Its just a pain when am lounging about on the couch or bed. Plus they are cool.

Kawasaki ER6N
I watch sky on mine at the other halfs who doesn't have sky sports so 2 hours on a sat morning watching soccer am over 3G saps usage so I need all mine lol.

Also good to use at hotels etc that don't offer wifi.

With the added bonus of skygo when it's eventually released can watch sky movies to wouldn't take much using 3G to eat 1-2gb which most offer.

clio 16v
Paid $500 ( not sure what that converts to in pounds ATM ) and it's awesome. FIFA 11 is 59p at the minute too ;)

Rav4
My colleague swears the ipad 3 is going to be out in September. I hightly hope not. Could it be true?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Rumours suggest a iPad 2.5 may well appear in September. Not sure how accurate that is though as it would piss off lots of people who have only just bought a iPad 2.