ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

RS200 & PH2 172
Yeah one for me and one for a Xmas present, never knew it had the "new" connector on bottom of it nor did I look, so not a happy bunny right now as am on iPhone4s and its different to all my leads, plus thought it would slip into the neat iPad stand I have and that's a old style connector too... Looks like a trip back to apple store tomorrow for a iphone5 :( I hate apple they just make ya buy more stuff when they do this, am such a apple fool!!

Never above 25mpg
Yeah one for me and one for a Xmas present, never knew it had the "new" connector on bottom of it nor did I look, so not a happy bunny right now as am on iPhone4s and its different to all my leads, plus thought it would slip into the neat iPad stand I have and that's a old style connector too... Looks like a trip back to apple store tomorrow for a iphone5 :( I hate apple they just make ya buy more stuff when they do this, am such a apple fool!!

You bought something without doing the proper research? I have no sympathy.

Idiot.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Lol TBH.

Same, might go for this case.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/encase-ultrasuede-starlight-pouch-for-ipad-mini-black-p37013.htm

3.jpg

The one chappers posted is nice. I need something ASAP tbh as I want to start taking it to work, but I don't want to scratch it lol.

Anything on eBay? Tbh, quality/looks doesn't matter too much for me, as its only going to be in my bag.

DB.

BMW 440i

So you're buying an iPhone 5 because the charger/connection is the same as your iPad, I don't think you're an apple fool...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a keypad case for this?

My laptop is bust and was thinking about buying one of these now as I have already thought of getting one anyway.

Would it be too small to use as a laptop? And is it good enough to use instead of a laptop? I only use it for browsing the web anyway really.

Ipad 2 is another option too, don't think Ill bother with the retina one though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Is there a keypad case for this?

My laptop is bust and was thinking about buying one of these now as I have already thought of getting one anyway.

Would it be too small to use as a laptop? And is it good enough to use instead of a laptop? I only use it for browsing the web anyway really.

Ipad 2 is another option too, don't think Ill bother with the retina one though.

Theres a lot of reviews of swapping laptops for an iPad for a day of work to see if an iPad can sub in for a proper computer.

Obviously you have to buy apps to help but pairing the iPad with an Apple Bluetooth keyboard will mean it can be used as a "desktop" almost.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Quick question - Does the iPad Mini have iTunes U on it?

Going to presume it does but may as well ask.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Got my ipad mini yesterday, my biggest problem is im still rockin an iphone 4s so now im going to have to get a 5 so i can use one cable for both lol

can anyone suggest some good apps ?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
One thing I will say is I got the mini mostly for bumming eBay, but the eBay app is pants and the PayPal app is the iPhone one so scaled 2x and terrible, if I knew beforehand I properly wouldn't have bought it, all I can do now is wait for updates :/

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got my ipad mini yesterday, my biggest problem is im still rockin an iphone 4s so now im going to have to get a 5 so i can use one cable for both lol

can anyone suggest some good apps ?

1. Kindle
2. Pages
3. iPhoto
4. Netflix
5. Roadtrip 2
6. Smart glass (If you have an Xbox)
7. Flipboard

Those are our most used apps on our mini.

LY 182
Having had the mini for a few days now and used it plenty over the weekend, I can update my views on it a bit further.

Overall I'm absolutely loving it. It's so nimble and well designed. When I pick up the MBP it just feels horrendously heavy now. The battery life is awesome. I'd used it for over 6 hours yesterday and still had over 50% remaining. I'm mostly just using Safari and the Twitter app (and a couple other light things) but that's still great. If I had the mini fully charged on Monday morning I think it would last all the way through to Friday with normal use. I have found myself thinking I need to get more apps, and I don't know why. It's probably just a novelty thing. Everything loads nice and smoothly too as you'd expect.

As for the main debating point of the screen... Well, being completely honest, it's a pretty average display. The colours are nice and vivid and certain things look fine, but there are plenty of times when I do look at the text and think it looks ropey. Is this a deal breaker? Definitely not. I still love the device, and for my situation it's definitely the right device for me. (I'll be commuting on a packed train from January so the mini easily wins the verdict for size and portability).

I suspect Apple will sell s**t loads of these over Christmas and I can see why. For anybody who needs something more portable or wants to get their first iPad it's an awesome device.

LY 182
The only issue that I've come across is that now I'm getting used to the size of the iPad, when I pick up my iPhone, it feels like a tiny brick LOL.

Haha yeah. And I'm looking at the screen thinking damn apps why are you all huddled so close to each other.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking to get the Mrs an iPad for xmas...

Now do I get this or get an iPad3?

Opinions?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Fair enough..

I dont pay much attention to apple so no idea about it...

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Having had the mini for a few days now and used it plenty over the weekend, I can update my views on it a bit further.

Overall I'm absolutely loving it. It's so nimble and well designed. When I pick up the MBP it just feels horrendously heavy now. The battery life is awesome. I'd used it for over 6 hours yesterday and still had over 50% remaining. I'm mostly just using Safari and the Twitter app (and a couple other light things) but that's still great. If I had the mini fully charged on Monday morning I think it would last all the way through to Friday with normal use. I have found myself thinking I need to get more apps, and I don't know why. It's probably just a novelty thing. Everything loads nice and smoothly too as you'd expect.

As for the main debating point of the screen... Well, being completely honest, it's a pretty average display. The colours are nice and vivid and certain things look fine, but there are plenty of times when I do look at the text and think it looks ropey. Is this a deal breaker? Definitely not. I still love the device, and for my situation it's definitely the right device for me. (I'll be commuting on a packed train from January so the mini easily wins the verdict for size and portability).

I suspect Apple will sell s**t loads of these over Christmas and I can see why. For anybody who needs something more portable or wants to get their first iPad it's an awesome device.

Good review that, it seems that the screen is the only thing that people are complaining about.

Its funny really as people were justifying it saying oh the screen wont be too bad, you cant tell the difference etc. and now it seems that it is a concern of most people who have got the mini.

Saying all that ill be getting an iPad come february (birthday) however ill probably wait until march and see if they release a retina mini and if so thats what ill get.

LY 182
My initial view (a couple pages back) was that the screen was fine. Having used it solidly over the weekend I'm happy to put my hands up and admit that it's not that great. Some things look good but other things do lack sharpness. I wouldn't class it as a concern though. As Chappers said, it's more of a compromise. It doesn't prevent me from using the device and enjoying it. I bloody love it. I just know from having an iPhone with retina that it can look a lot better.

I had a mess around with one in a store earlier this afternoon. It's nice, really nice. So much lighter and easier to handle. The screen is nicer than that of iPad 2, but very obviously not even close to the Retina display. Next to the iPad 3 (still on display), it noticeably fuzzy. Personally I couldn't live with it when I know it could (and soon will be) quite a lot better.

I do like the device, but it's not for me, not just yet. FF Retina all the way. Man-spec ;)