ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad/iPhone Bluetooth not connecting

Goliath I
For some reason my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS will not connect via Bluetooth. Neither is showing as discoverable and is quite the pain in the ass.

Any suggestions as why this may be?

Cheers

Goliath I
Neither the iPad will find the iPhone as a device and vice versa, just keeps searching for device.

Want to connect the two for hotspots etc...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You don't need Bluetooth for the hotspot function. Just turn hotspot on on your phone, then connect the iPad to it like you would any other wifi network.

BG182ff,explod Focus
The nice folk at Apple don't want you to use bluetooth for their devices to communicate with each other as "We prefer Apple customers to use more secure methods"
Since the 3GS came out all iPhones are made so that only devices that match at least one of only 5 different BT profiles would be able to communicate with the iPhone. If you have any BT devices made before the 3GS then it is unlikely they will be recognised either.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The nice folk at Apple don't want you to use bluetooth for their devices to communicate with each other as "We prefer Apple customers to use more secure methods"
Since the 3GS came out all iPhones are made so that only devices that match at least one of only 5 different BT profiles would be able to communicate with the iPhone. If you have any BT devices made before the 3GS then it is unlikely they will be recognised either.

LOL, one of those.

Personal Hotspot doesn't even use bluetooth when going from iOS to iOS.

Its all done via WIFI

bcdd18c6-f3a3-2d11.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph2 172
Also depends what hot spot you want to connect too, e.g if it's a Bt one you have to be registered to use them to pay for it or be a btinternet customer...

Or If it's a pub or cafe you just need their password

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Also depends what hot spot you want to connect too, e.g if it's a Bt one you have to be registered to use them to pay for it or be a btinternet customer...

Or If it's a pub or cafe you just need their password

Again with the greatest of respect, don't answer a question you either dont understand or dont know the answer to.

Cupra
LOL, one of those.

Personal Hotspot doesn't even use bluetooth when going from iOS to iOS.

Its all done via WIFI

bcdd18c6-f3a3-2d11.jpg

It can though. I always use Bluetooth to tether my iPad to my iPhone as it supposedly uses less battery than wifi.

Goliath I
Ahhh, I thought the hotspot was via Bluetooth, cheers guys.

So there is no way of pairing them via Bluetooth at all?

Cupra
In answer to the other andy, you need to enable "personal hotspot" in order to tether the two via Bluetooth. If you can't see the option, then your provider has disabled it and you have to either pay for it to be enabled or jailbreak and use "thetherme" from Cydia.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Again with the greatest of respect, don't answer a question you either dont understand or dont know the answer to.

Hmmmm ok !!! Think you got to much sun today lol

Also I think have opppsss just relise he was on about personal hotspot

My bad ;)