ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've just been blown away!

Avplayerhd upgrade yesterday to support retina, so I put the apprentice US in just' 720p on it, and unlike most us shows it hasn't got some stupid filter over it to make it more grainy or what they like to call 'real'.

Anyway, the clarity and colour is something else, the only thing I've seen which was as good was the small Sony oled screen I saw a couple of years ago, this made me go wow, the image clarity is incredible.

I am finding some of the 720p stuff I download needs to be put through handbrake first in apple tv 2 format or else the frame rate struggles in avplayerhd, but after conversion it is stunning.

I don't know whether it's just mine, but my battery seems like s**t. Once I've got it up to 100% it very quickly goes down to two, almost one figures. After leaving it alone all day whilst at work, seems to drain the battery too - I have to charge it before I use it.

And, it takes forever and a day to charge up to around 15%.

Hmm.

Still love it though.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My battery life is brilliant, not been charged since Tuesday night and it's currently on 48%! Granted, I don't use it during the day

I don't know whether it's just mine, but my battery seems like s**t. Once I've got it up to 100% it very quickly goes down to two, almost one figures. After leaving it alone all day whilst at work, seems to drain the battery too - I have to charge it before I use it.

Unplugged mine at 6:30am this morning, left on all day, went on it an hour ago and it was on 100%. Been surfing the web for 30 minutes and it's on 98%. The percentage seems to decrease more evenly than the iPad 1, which would hang around near the higher end then drop off a cliff.

I'm on my 4th full charge, seems to have improved each time.

Indeed.

Although on a serial note, white Apple products are cool again (now that I want one). I've had a black iPad for a while, and fancy something totally different. Trouble is, I also want a Mac Mini and a DSLR.

I wish I was dk :(

Last edited:
I don't care for anything other than Wi-Fi. If I ever needed 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10G, I'd be abroad, and TBH I'd rather take the roaming data hit and use my iPhone in that scenario.

I need at least 32GB, and it has to be white.

Friday is gonna be an expensive night. Might get a 12-box in.

Inferno 182 CUP
Danny, are you now the resident forum Apple expert?

Expert? Nope but when I know the answer to a question ;)

Expert? Is that dutch for mong?

Coming from the bloke who drives a woman's golf buggy? ;)

Harsh. I'ts just that I have recently seen this dude chesting up as an Apple guy.

Given that I spend 99% of my interwebs time on 9to5 or Mac Rumors .. I've seen the same questions there 100000 times and the answers ;) I'm just sharing the same answers here when questions are asked.

dk

911 GTS Cab
White 32GB here. Not 3/4/8G just a wifi. Matches my iPhone.

same here, but 64gb, the twice ive 'needed' a connection on my ipad with no wifi i have just tethered to my iphone.

sod having another contract or pay as you go rubbish

The only good thing about iPhone contracts over here is I can pay €3 a month on top of my bill and share the data between my iPad and iPhone.

I wouldn't own an iPad otherwise.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Question...

Do you always leave your iPad in standby or switch it off after use?

Listerine & Poledo
Thinking of getting a 32gb with T-Mob, £250 up front, 25 a month (24 months).

Seeing as I'd need to spend around £10 a month to have a working MicroSIM with a reasonable amount of data, it doesn't sound too bad a deal.

Anyone else had a "subsidised" iPad deal?

EDIT: I'd get applecare for it, just to be safe