ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

182 Cup
The issue with scaling your own photos for wallpapers is down to the parallax effect for 3d icons, if you turn off the effect in settings it should allow you to set your photo as a wallpaper any way you like.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, I've hit a bump. Back out of one message into the inbox, try to open another, good three second pause. I even crashed messages like it and had to reset. Not too impressed with that.

After playing with it today, I like it more than when I first installed it.

I do however think it looks way too plain in certain areas, a lot of the icons are just turd (what is that Game Center thing all about), and there a few pointless things put in to make it look neat and pretty as opposed to useable.
Oh, and why has my Gmail account suddenly decided there are 1722 unread emails in my inbox on iOS?; consisting of really old ones I assume. I don't deny that I haven't read them but I had it display only the days new & unread emails before...

I do like the keyboard, new ring/alert tones, background app updating, new multitasking, control center (although poorly placed) and dynamic wallpapers, so it's not doom and gloom...

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love it. Looks awesome and much more functional. Battery does seem even worse now though on my 5.

Oh well 5s tomo :)
you'll be lucky, i have more stock under my bed than the rest of the world has..............

they released it but haven't actually made any yet unfortunately :(

Hence why there wasn't a pre-order, as they have none to actually pre-order and send out.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
f**k sake, doing the update on my phone stopped it halfway through as need to use it and its telling me to plug into itunes except I dont f**king have anything to plug it into :banghead:

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
you'll be lucky, i have more stock under my bed than the rest of the world has..............

they released it but haven't actually made any yet unfortunately :(

Hence why there wasn't a pre-order, as they have none to actually pre-order and send out.

Lol. Of course they have. The only reason they didn't do a preorder was so they would sell more 5c's because as we all know they are a rip off.
The knew they'd have no problem selling 5s so they didn't need to do a preorder.

I'm loving it tbh.

Biggest thing ink for me up to yet is on safari, single finger swipe to go back/forwards a page. Always wanted that feature on the iPhone as I'm used to a Magic Mouse now .

I did the update on the company 5 through iTunes crashed midway through the update last night and has inturn wiped my back up :( FML. So had to go back to an update from a month ago. The personal 5 I updated via the settings menu and it's running fine. Though I am finding I can't use any of my pictures as a wall paper as it just won't let me zoom out to let them fit the screen.

An orange one
Having played with a mates 5 with ios7 im gonna stick with 6.1.4 for the time being...

I think it looks like a kids toy and the icons look stupid, but it's all meaningless anyways as when the iphone 6 comes out we're railroaded into having it like it or lump it.

An orange one
Yeah my wife's getting a 5C tomorrow but I'm waiting on the 6.

My iPad is still running ios5 PMSL

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've lost my text/alert tones :( had a wicked r2d2 one too

Fully gutted

DB.

BMW 440i
Very annoying you can't delete individual messages in a conversation, I often liked to Edit > Clear All but leave the conversation there on iOS6

BMW E46 330i Touring
Very annoying you can't delete individual messages in a conversation, I often liked to Edit > Clear All but leave the conversation there on iOS6

You can. Hold your finger on a particular text and the usual 'selection' option comes up so you can select the messages you want to delete.

got used to it now on the iPhone, iPad seems a little slow, its a 3

Same.

Mine and the wife's iPhones are fine, but both our iPad 3s are a bit laggy.

E.g. Selecting a photo as a wallpaper, when trying to move/resize it it just freezes.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm loving it tbh.

Biggest thing ink for me up to yet is on safari, single finger swipe to go back/forwards a page. Always wanted that feature on the iPhone as I'm used to a Magic Mouse now .
This doesn't work for me, do I need to turn on a setting or something?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
3 hours I tried to get my phone working and no luck piece of f**king shite phone and update, wasn't even that keen on it :(

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Same.

Mine and the wife's iPhones are fine, but both our iPad 3s are a bit laggy.

E.g. Selecting a photo as a wallpaper, when trying to move/resize it it just freezes.

Mine has exactly the same issue.

Switch off parallax and it makes little difference.

133/225/CLS AMG
Dowload and install seemed to go pretty well on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. Works brilliantly on my phone but I'm not so sure it's that smooth on my iPad, just seems less slick. Also, I tried changing the wallpaper on it and trying to zoom and adjust the image was virtually impossible as it wouldn't respond properly.

Is the iOS too resource hungry for anything less than an iPad 3?

Flamer
Alex that wall paper thing is my only grievance an even then it's not even big enough for me to really moan! Needs fixing tho, I just have a real zoomed in wallpaper, it's not all bad

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thats what irritated me the most - and the fact that siri's voice is really unclear!

Yeah, if they don't fix the lag as part of the next release I'll probably sell it on.

The iPad 3 was release in March 2012, superseded and removed off the shelves after 6 months and rendered laggy and ineffective only 12 months later after the release of iOS 7.

If they fix the problem then great, if not it's appalling.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
any one else had a problem with imessage not activating not matter how many times you try? I had to reset my phone to factory then backup from icloud to get it sorted. What a ball ache

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
When I copy and paste a number it doesn't copy across properly?!?

Also when I add an all day event to my diary and repeat it, that event starts from the day before.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's just the dock that's really annoying me, it's so big! Takes up half the wallpaper, should just have left it like the other apps. Ridiculous with the frosted area.

I don't like the new music player, it's too hard to spot what you're looking for in a rush at traffic lights etc.. Also the misty crap at the bottom of the screen ruins wallpapers. If I wanted android I'd have an htc. Apple is stoopid. Also, why include bing in the search options? Apple using microsofts search engine seems a bit silly IMO.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I think it is a massive overdue improvement.

Notificataion centre is hugely better. Control center is useful - or whatever the thing you swipe up from the bottom is called. Looks modern and is just slicker.

Stop moaning.