ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Just started using iOS 7 beta 3.
First impression is it's really good, much needed refresh. Brings the iPhone bang up to date again and just as easy to use.
One thing I can't get on with although no doubt I'll adapt to is the fact that to delete messages you have to swipe the opposite way.

Bit of help too, I did a back up before doing this on iTunes. I've now loaded iOS7 on as a fresh start. Trouble is I can't restore from my backup as it'll surely revert the operating system won't it? Most of my stuff it's picked up from iCloud ie Calender/Contacts and my emails set up fine.
One thing I am missing is my text messages, how can I get these? Any help appreciated.
Sorry if I'm missing soimething.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Also one other thing, when using messages.
If sending a long reply to an already long text I sometimes need to read it again halfway through my reply. I used to press edit when typing which would show the other messages.
There no longer seems to be anyway to do this once my reply gets longer, nowhere to put it either :(

Tesla MP3 2021
My Message App is working again now... I think it was down to a stupidly large picture that one of the lads was sending round as a joke!!

I put beta 3 on my 5 at work yesterday, didn't take long to get used to it, it's brilliant love the direction they have gone with,

I then got home and tried to use my iPad, the UI felt like windows 95 so immediately updated that,

Overall still abit buggy with a few crashes but it's defiantly worth it

320d M Sport
I've noticed my WhatsApp Messegnger notifications just don't work. Sent feedback to the app developers and got this back:

"Hi,

Thanks for your message.

It looks like you are using a pre-release version of iOS. We have no plans currently to support iOS 7. Please switch back to an officially supported version of iOS for the best WhatsApp experience.

WhatsApp Support Team"

No plans to support ios7? Wonder why?

320d M Sport
Really? Strange. I've reinstalled a few times and no joy. It doesn't even show the time in general menu in iOS?

Whatsapp lays the smack down on iMessage.

It also works fine for me under iOS 7

Oh and of course they will be testing it and supporting 7.

Mine work fine,
ba7e4a3y.jpg
what's app s***s all over iMessage IMO, as it works across platforms and I think it is allot quicker than iMessage

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hang on, can you use WhatsApp to browse forums?!?

They'll clearly 'support' ios7 when it's officially released. They're obviously just developing an update for it at the moment.

Running as smooth as hot butter now on my iPhone 5. Yet to update the iPad.

Sure they've added a 'percent charged' to the lock screen now. Shame it shows the percent charged from the last time you pressed home. Need to press the lock button and home again to get it to show current charge.

Otherwise I've not noticed anything new.

iPad Safari has become incredibly buggy for me with Beta 4. Lots of GUI issues and random crashes.

I've been rolling with OTA updates since the first beta, so I may try a full install of 4.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if it's just me but my battery seems completely ruined since beta 4. Was fully charged this morning at 8;30am. Listened to music for 20mins in to work then put it on the side. At 11am I picked it up and it was on 12%!!!

78% battery in 2.5 hours isn't right at all. I had big battery issues with beta 1/2, but had no problems since 3.

I'm still rolling on iOS 6 on my iPad, it was far more unreliable than it was on the iPhone and still getting lots of compatibility issues with apps. As long as 7 still works alright on my phone then I can handle the prehistoric OS on the iPad.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Have Apple stopped bricking non dev account iPhones running iOS betas? It always seemed to be a massive risk - however, I know of five people who've obtained iOS 7 and are running it on thier iPhones. They've all been running it from practically the second the first beta was released, none are anything close to devs or having dev accounts - yet thier phones are all working fine.

It can only be a good thing, as it gets people talking, playing about withand getting used to the update months before it sees the light of day. If it's a concious Apple decision, if not - the people on here and those who i know who've done it must be just very lucky.

I haven't because I can't be bothered - but i have been impressed by what I've seen.

My dads phone was found out last week. popped up on the screen saying this was being used on a non dev device

just restored back to his old 6 backup and has been using that for now

78% battery in 2.5 hours isn't right at all. I had big battery issues with beta 1/2, but had no problems since 3.

I'm still rolling on iOS 6 on my iPad, it was far more unreliable than it was on the iPhone and still getting lots of compatibility issues with apps. As long as 7 still works alright on my phone then I can handle the prehistoric OS on the iPad.

Your maths is s**t mate.

Oh.

Anyone else having lock button troubles with iOS 7? Mine has been really temperamental, sometimes it takes 4/5 presses of the button for it to work. Restored it to iOS 6 and the problem disappeared, so definitely not a hardware issue.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yep! I was getting ready for a visit to apple. It only happened after the new beta.

Also have sensitivity (lack of) in corners of screen on racing games like groove rider

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Your maths is s**t mate.

Oh.

Anyone else having lock button troubles with iOS 7? Mine has been really temperamental, sometimes it takes 4/5 presses of the button for it to work. Restored it to iOS 6 and the problem disappeared, so definitely not a hardware issue.

No its probably the FU*KING BETA SOFTWARE.

320d M Sport
Just noticed that too. Didn't expect it so quick. My beta 4 was running flawlessly to be honest. No complaints!