ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's new car :)

Thankyou! Everybody I've shown ATM likes them apart from me and you. Needed to find somebody else who doesn't like it! ;p

And I will get those stickers, but in a couple months time my bumper will be being repaired and resprayed as it has a crack in it :/ speaking of things for the bumper - I need some washer blanks! Do you know of a company that sells and sprays them at all?

Cheers mate :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Renault @ £80+!! You could always get the streamline carbon ones @ £30 iirc and keep them carbon or respray them flame red. You could ask renparts on here or wait till a cup bumper comes up for sale, but they are like hens teeth mate!

Renault @ £80+!! You could always get the streamline carbon ones @ £30 iirc and keep them carbon or respray them flame red. You could ask renparts on here or wait till a cup bumper comes up for sale, but they are like hens teeth mate!

Okay il probably just wait for a cup bumper in that case. £30 for some carbon ones doesn't sound bad but I ideally want them flame red...! And £80 from renault is a joke.

What do you use for the colours

The French flag? I used electrical tape. Only done 1 layer of each colour as a test run. 2 layers would cover up the dodgy edges. Alot of people like it, I personally am not sure. Don't think it suits the flame red paintwork tbh. Each to their own though!

More small updates.

Shorter Aerial!

epa6areq.jpg

And after my last failed attempt at cleaning the headlights up I decided to have another go as it is the main thing letting the car down....

Before

atymemyn.jpg

All cloudy and nasty... Also there was quite a bit of surface scratching on them aswell.

And now.

avanura9.jpg

Look almost new in comparison! Very happy with results and only took half hour of my time max.

Also my mate got some cooksports fitted yesterday (thanks to nick172cup and budgie) , got this quick shot! (This was before headlight restoration)

ytamugut.jpg

Cheers for looking!

Bought some 16mm spacers for the front which arrived today so fitted them. Hav'nt had enough time to get any pics really so took 2 at the pub (which aren't good at all) , so better ones will follow.

Love it! Feels like the steering is alot more responsive, which is nice!

e8a2a3e5.jpg

nyberyqe.jpg

Cheers

Another small update.

Finally got the wiper off of the blasted boot and sprayed up the little surround (it was literally grey, which can be seen in this old pic of it)

a4uduva2.jpg

And now....

Black.

uryzynaj.jpg

turenaqe.jpg

Thanks all. Running out of ideas now with the car tbqh. It's almost perfect to me now. Cambelt is still upcoming and insurance is haunting me as that's due next month.

Anyway. Il update this as and when.

Cheers

Never liked tints :/ that's something il never get tbh. I may eventually get a single exit exhaust recessed into the bumper (smart looking one, not chavyy.) but that's a very distant idea. Happy with it as she stands :)

Car got a quick clean today, only got this pic

eru2u6eb.jpg

Also purchased some 'BG44k' which is a fuel additive designed to clean out injectors and other bits and bobs. Only cost a tenner so thought I'd put it into a tank after reading some good reviews. Will be putting it in tonight so hopefully it'll do a good job, but not getting my hopes up lol.

Ollie

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Car got a quick clean today, only got this pic

eru2u6eb.jpg

Also purchased some 'BG44k' which is a fuel additive designed to clean out injectors and other bits and bobs. Only cost a tenner so thought I'd put it into a tank after reading some good reviews. Will be putting it in tonight so hopefully it'll do a good job, but not getting my hopes up lol.

Ollie

Did it do any good? :p

It's not really been run through the system yet - when I get down to half a tank or less il properly update this - saying that though, it does feel more responsive when I put my foot down. But yeah il update this properly in a couple days :)

Looks good bud. :)

Nick was mentioning you may want to stick an RS Tuner map on it?

Thanks mate :) loving it ATM! Feels like it's all coming together.

Yeah tbh I've mentioned it to Nick about 5 times now. I must be doing the poor blokes head in! Lol. I've read a lot of reviews about the 98Ron map, and Nick has also told me it's definitely worth getting - so I do really want it!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks mate :) loving it ATM! Feels like it's all coming together.

Yeah tbh I've mentioned it to Nick about 5 times now. I must be doing the poor blokes head in! Lol. I've read a lot of reviews about the 98Ron map, and Nick has also told me it's definitely worth getting - so I do really want it!

He mentioned it to me, as I have the RS tuner ;) Wait till I've moved house this wkd, then we'll sort something out :)

Went to the Mightycarmods meet yesterday and somebody put a picture of my car up on here that they got, so: thought I'd share!

No new updates ATM, just cleaning it all the time lol.

a2e7uju9.jpg

Thanks all.
Ollie

Last edited:
Few quick updates!

Right. Injector number 4 decided it was going to die on me the other evening, so spent Tuesday night swapping that over. Car seems to be running better then ever now so maybe it was dying for a long time (who knows!)

Glad that's sorted.

Next was, I changed my PAS fluid as the previous stuff was black and I don't think it's ever been changed lol. I ran through some dexron 2, and then topped up and it's now red again. It has also quietened down the pump whine I had! So I'm now not getting that changed :) money saved!

Spent the vast majority of the day cleaning the car today. No real pics, but need an opinion.
CS13 sticker, yay or nay?

e9y8a7eh.jpg

Thanks all!

Better updates will come soon :)

Got myself a new radio today :)

eja5ysa6.jpg

Has iPod and USB etc connectivity (the shiney black panel on the right pushes up and reveals it all)
Bit more modern now! Lol.

Also bought this.

unu2a3a2.jpg

So working on the car should be a bit more of a pleasure now.

Cheeeeers.

Monaco 172
Cars coming along well Ollie, personally for me i'd ditch the CS13 sticker, looks out of place, but thats just IMO!

So hav'nt updated this in a while now...

Bought some new '9LED' sidelight bulbs which look amazing next to the xenons lately... They're pretty cool.
Main thing though is I've just had the Cambelt, dephaser, aux belt etc etc changed, aswell as PAS pump and fluid and a new engine mount fitted (many thanks to the chaps at S@MWM).

The car feels amazing now! The horrific supercharger whine has gone completely and it runs like a dream! Seems to pull harder aswell (can't be placebo as a few mates agree!) so I'm more than happy!

Quick pic I got of her today, love her again :)

4equ4eda.jpg

More updates will come as and when.
Cheerssssss

Update :)

So. Massive thanks to Mike (budgie) for fitting me some JMS matched inlets today! Car feels amazing now, made such a difference to the power delivery! (I didn't even have an RS inlet so gone from worst to best :) )

Cheers Budgie !

More updates will come soon

Many.
Just read through the whole thread (Surprised myself that I hadn't before tbh, I love a clean flamer), loooks lovely and clean.

I know you said a little while ago you was running out of ideas, but any future plans for it now?

Just read through the whole thread (Surprised myself that I hadn't before tbh, I love a clean flamer), loooks lovely and clean.

I know you said a little while ago you was running out of ideas, but any future plans for it now?

Thankyou mate :) ideas are running thin, but finally have the inlets I've wanted for a while and have a 98ron map on its way very shortly thanks to Oli CUB :)

After that though I'm not sure. Might get some different alloys eventually when I need new tyres and possibly an exhaust but it's all ideas ATM. Nothing set in stone!

Quick update on the flamer as of lately. Things have gone down hill unfortunately and have been considering getting rid of it.

After having spent loads of money on it lately with the Cambelt kit, and new PAS pump etc, the gearbox has now decided its on its last legs and requires a rebuild.. Good times! Also in need of 2 new tyres.

Despite all of this, still loving it everytime I drive it, just the constant big spending on it recently has sort of dulled the experience.

Anyway, here's 2 quick pics I got of it last night.

Mine and mates ST

e8u6e4a6.jpg

More of a clio focused shot

ve5y5uge.jpg

Cheers,

So update.
The project thread ends here unfortunately with the flamer :( she got too many issues for me to warrent fixing. After spending £720 on Cambelt, PAS and stuff the gearbox decided it wanted to give in aswell as some other bits and bobs. Absolutely sucks as I loved the car to bits and really did take good care of it. It's since been sold on to a good mate of mine who is going to fix it on the cheap (has all the parts to fix) and enjoy it.

Last pic of her...

ypynamu6.jpg

This means I've obviously had to change cars... So, this is what I've found.! My mate who is a bmw enthusiast was selling his 328i convertible, genuine m sport with 87k miles on the clock. As I'm a good mate.... I managed to pick her up for £1500! Absolute STEAL! Has 6 months tax and a years MOT and a lot of goodies on it. Only have the 1 pic unfortunately which was taken today when I was picking someone up... More will follow though.

baveqeza.jpg

I also got this picture myself the day I picked it up, (note the silly M badge has since been removed from grill)

aduhade9.jpg

I'm on the hunt for some standard front m sport clear indicators so if anybody knows of where I can get these, please share!

Thankyou all.

Okay! Proper right up for the new car after a clean and sorting a few little bits.

The car itself now has 88k miles on the clock. It's a 1997 bmw e36 328i m sport. The cars a convertible but has the detachable hard top! I paid £1500 for it and 3 days later was offered £2800 (LOL) !!

Mods. It has a scorpion backbox (sounds beautiful!), induction kit (which I'm soon gonna upgrade), m50 manifold, cam timings been adjusted, remapped, coilovers.

It came with a years MOT and 6 months tax. Only had to get a wheel bearing sorted and that's it... She's perfect! Also done a full service myself and it is amazingly smooth for a 17 year old car! Ticks over better then my dads new fiesta zetec S! And much better then the clio ever did.

I've taken some pictures which il list below - this is only after a clean. No waxing or anything more - just soapy water!

u4a3a7a2.jpg

aba4udyj.jpg

yvy2ava6.jpg

Shiney tips ;)

7ube5equ.jpg

zyvunava.jpg

7ymu4y9e.jpg

Thanks for reading everyone and sticking with my project thread (those who did) :)

May update this every now and then with the Beemer as some people may be interested.

Cheers!

Ollie