ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's new car :)

Near Rydes Hill? Where about a are you?

I work at the Mazda dealer in Milford so mostly on the A3 between Guildford and there.

I've got a Black 182, lowered/spacers/exhaust/small front plate.. You'll hear me before you see me lol.

Lol, know the top of rydes hill is Belmont avenue? At the top of there mate :p there'll be a silver fiesta zetec S on the driveway and my clio on the road outside. Surprised I haven't seen you around before with those mods as it sounds a very distinct car. What spacers are you running? Wouldn't mind having a nosey round it sometime

BG 182
Haha, not far then! - I'm actually in Broadacres, just over from Rydes Hill.. But if I say Broadacres people have no idea where. I'll drove down Belmont next time I'm going to Woking, usually use one of the roads as a cut through to Worpleston Road.

I only got my 182 on Monday so not had it long. I'm not sure what brand spacers, but they're 25mm rear and 20mm front. Everything was already done to the car when I bought it.

Have added you on FB bro!

Haha, not far then! - I'm actually in Broadacres, just over from Rydes Hill.. But if I say Broadacres people have no idea where. I'll drove down Belmont next time I'm going to Woking, usually use one of the roads as a cut through to Worpleston Road.

I only got my 182 on Monday so not had it long. I'm not sure what brand spacers, but they're 25mm rear and 20mm front. Everything was already done to the car when I bought it.

Have added you on FB bro!

Accepted your FB request, don't really go on it much though lol. Looking into buying spacers for mine soon ish so would like to see how yours is sitting!

BG 182
Accepted your FB request, don't really go on it much though lol. Looking into buying spacers for mine soon ish so would like to see how yours is sitting!

Ah ok man! - When we get another nice day I'll message you and meet up. Drove past yours last night on the way back from Woking, looks good!

So after picking up a set of cooksport lowering springs for £100, this is what the car now looks like! :) , (pictures are pretty crap unfortunately, but only have my iPhone as a camera :( better ones will follow!)

sa7edybu.jpg

a3uqasuj.jpg

a5asu9aq.jpg

They're absolutely superb, couldn't reccomend them high enough.
Ollie

What does it ride like now? Mate at work has his on k tec springs and its awful so bouncy can't even text when I'm in his car.

The ride is no less comfortable then standard tbh. Over really horrendous roads its bumpy, but over normal roads with your average pot holes.... It's not far off of standard! And my god, it's so planted now through bends and stuff. No body roll which is fantastic! They've transformed the car

So happiness never lasts for long. My car has a starting issue. Best way to describe would be....
I turn the key (after waiting for all lights to go out, religious about that!) then it will begin to start, but immediately stall? I then turn key again and it'll start first time with no issues. I've read about a TDC sensor which can be cleaned to improve it? I've also ordered service bits to hope to fix the issue. It's getting extremely irritating.
It doesn't do it ALL of the time, but it seems to be getting more frequent.
Help please?!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the plates made up from? Are they clean apart from the licence? (No company name underneath?) Looks better :)

How comes you chose standard over 3/4 size?

Where did you get the plates made up from? Are they clean apart from the licence? (No company name underneath?) Looks better :)

How comes you chose standard over 3/4 size?

I had them made up at halfords, they're completely blank pretty much (says halfords in centre but it blends in with plate) erm, didn't get smaller ones as its something I've never really thought would make it look better. To me number plates are number plates :p I'm going to have a go topping up the gearbox oil tonight and hopefully change the spark plugs soon. No other progress on the way otherwise though - really want a cup spoiler :/

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I knew my local halfords did them so was just asking as I'm not looking for a 3/4 plate. Too much hassle with police tbh. How much did you pay Ollie? (Front and rear?)

I paid £26.50 or something in total for them and the screws to fit them. That was with a mates discount card. Sort of needed them there and then as I had no plates on the car! Which for the record looks pretty strange lol.

Personally I drilled mine and they've come out well. The boot lid already has 2 holes pre drilled (my original plates were stuck on with sticky pads which suck) , but I just drilled 2 new holes in the boot as it wouldve been near on impossible to line them up correctly and have it straight! and then i drilled 2 in front where I wanted the screws positioned. Was easy!

Non Sport Megane
definitely think you should of got a 3/4 plate! ima get a smaller plate for the front of my meg, I had a 3/4 on the front of the clio and it just finished it off!

Topped up my gearbox oil yesterday night as I had a whine in 5th gear and suspected it was low. Put a whole litre in and it still didn't top it up completely so it was low! Shame I will have to take it all apart again to put more in but jobs are always easier the 2nd time round :)
Gearbox feels much nicer now. Not clunky when cold, and whine has massively reduced in noise (much quieter now)
Also took this as an opportunity to clean up my air box and pipe work completely. All came out like this :)

zeme3yje.jpg

Spark plugs are next on the list; which if the weather is nice il be doing Sunday, aswell as cleaning everything I can find in the engine bay!