ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's new car :)

So was having a little play about with the car and thought I'd have a look if it had the 'RS' stamped lower inlet. Long story short, it doesn't :(

Soooo... Something to get in the future or some matched ones. Do they make any sort of difference? Anybody know?

What does having rs stamped on it mean? I saw some on eBay that had it but it just looked like a standard manifold to me.

They're better from factory and I believe only came on 182's, trophy's, 172 cups and the later 172's (from what I've read). All I know is its an upgrade from the current one I have so I want to know if its worth getting!

If you want to check yours, remove your engine cover, get a 10mm socket and then the two centre holes in the front of the fuel rail guard will be a nut and thread. Undo that and then you'll have a clear access to the lower inlet. If It has RS on then you have the better ones!
Took me 10 - 15 minutes to do, if that, and I've never done it before so it's easy enough to check.

A mate just text me this picture as he saw me parked in halfords. Looks nice :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367063558.465333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367063558.465333.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 84
Was it just big standard satin black paint you used like you can buy from halfords? I'm of in a weeks time so looking to do it then

For the grill and fog surrounds? Most people use satin black but it leaves a bit of a shine I didn't want, so I went for matte black and I personally think it looks better. Each to their own though!

I didn't want a shine on my plastics :)

Little bit of progress today. Sprayed up some more bits that annoyed me!

Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367522658.421426.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367522670.791478.jpg

Really want to do the rear wiper blade blank aswell but after trying to remove it all evening I've finally admitted defeat.
Not massive progress, but progress nevertheless :)
Ollie

Little update. Cleaned out my throttle body yesterday which was beneficial as it was absolutely covered in gunk! Other then that just driven it.
Met up with 'snowey172' last week also and got a quick picture of the cars together!
(Mines on the left)
etu2y6u8.jpg

And on the same day purchased a meguires headlight restoration kit so am looking forward to giving that a go! Pics will follow when the job is done :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Little bit of progress today. Sprayed up some more bits that annoyed me!

Before
View attachment 97288

After
View attachment 97289

Really want to do the rear wiper blade blank aswell but after trying to remove it all evening I've finally admitted defeat.
Not massive progress, but progress nevertheless :)
Ollie

Ollie you should have a look at gtechniq c4. It's a great trim restorer and saves sprying everything. Also you'll need to get a puller on the rear wiper to remove the blank. Had to do this on mine (well dan@519 did) as my rear wiper was seized onto the thread.

Last edited:
Ollie you should have a look at gtechniq c4. It's a great trim restorer and saves sprying everything. Also you'll need to get a puller on the rear wiper to remove the blank. Had to do this on mine (well dan@519 did) as my rear wiper was seized onto the thread.

Yeah I had so much trouble removing it. Spent ages and in the end gave up as it isn't worth breaking it just to do it!
I will take a look at some of that restorer as I need to do something with the bottom grille anyway

it looks really low compared to snowey's still think yours haven't got standard springs Ollie!

Provided the weather is nice this is something il be checking this weekend. I text the bloke yesterday night who I got the car off and he said its 100% standard but I'm still going to check anyway as it does look much lower and snoweys is definitely on standard springs!

So I'm after some advice from people.
My car has a crack in the front bumper and also a scratch on either rear quarter (was all there when I purchased it) , I've been quoted £250 to have it all fixed. Is that a good price? Both of the scratches are deep. So, both rear quarters resprayed and bumper repaired and sprayed.

Also in that price he's going to properly restore my headlights for me as I've done it myself and they are better, but could do with sanding still.

Also in other news - I've recently bought something for the car which is pretty cool and should hopefully be fitted tomorrow ;) pictures will follow!

Ollie

BG 182
Oh nice mate! Where abouts are you in guildford? Il keep an eye out for you too :)

Near Rydes Hill? Where about a are you?

I work at the Mazda dealer in Milford so mostly on the A3 between Guildford and there.

I've got a Black 182, lowered/spacers/exhaust/small front plate.. You'll hear me before you see me lol.