ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's new car :)

Got some quick snaps whilst leaving to walk to work!

Grille matte black
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366007835.301568.jpg

Foglight surrounds matte black
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366007864.035517.jpg

Tax disk holder ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366007885.538832.jpg

Complete front end!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366007924.164724.jpg

Pictures of engine bay will come later on. I think the matte black on the plastics works better then satin tbh as it doesn't shine so much, still giving it the plastic look! My opinion of course. The reality is they barely differ much lol.

Ollie

Got a few snaps of the bay. It still isn't anywhere near being finished, but it's improved alot since I got it :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366052418.698375.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366052437.988852.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366052469.185543.jpg

Did get some bits out to do more cleaning, but really cba after going to the gym! Another evening :)

I would like to personalise the bay but havnt decided on colour schemes yet!

Not sure about carbon fibre atm ;p and tbh Jesus, whether it sounds pointless or not lol - i wanted them to be more standard looking. I hated the grey look to them, but found they looked great when cleaned. Thats why the matte black appealed to me :) besides everyone does satin, its good to be different! :p
In person it looks much better then the pictures.

I quite like the fog light surrounds I think mine have been painted gloss back but I'm not a fan of it. To scared to try painting them myself tho

TBH with you, im useless at spraying. If i can do it to a decent standard, im sure you can too! They pop off in 2 minutes (i used a flathead screwdriver with a cloth over it) , 2 clips in top, 2 bottom i believe and 1 on the side closest to centre of bumper. Just take them off and spray :) I didnt actually do any prep work.... just sprayed them. Came out good enough for my liking!

The grille on the other hand....... i will never remove a clio grille again.

Yeah thought about the grill to lol
lol hoping to give it a good wash and polish on Thursday after work so ill see how it all comes up then.

The grille is so worth doing. It massively improves the look of the car imo (probably why everyone does it) , but its a time consuming task to just remove and refit the thing. There was a hell of a lot of swearing and cut hands involved. Also worried me everytime i had to slightly flex the bumper to get it into position or reach a clip!
If you arent a very patient person like myself it wont be the funnest of jobs to do.

Iceberg 172
Car looks great. nice to see other clios in Surrey as i have recently purchased one myself and have seen no one from around here lol.
​keep up the good work

Thankyou very much babyface :) where abouts in surrey are you from? If you're anywhere near guildford il keep an eye out for you!

Mark - I like the idea of the flame red engine cover, was thinking that myself. It'll look smart against the silver inlet that's for sure! I was also thinking of painting or doing something with the 'renaultsport' writing on top of the bay. Any ideas for that? Just flame red again maybe?

Non Sport Megane
What if I sent some vinyl? Would they be able to match from that? Would they send the paint Aswell? Or is it collection only??

Iceberg 172
Thankyou very much babyface :) where abouts in surrey are you from? If you're anywhere near guildford il keep an eye out for you! Mark - I like the idea of the flame red engine cover, was thinking that myself. It'll look smart against the silver inlet that's for sure! I was also thinking of painting or doing something with the 'renaultsport' writing on top of the bay. Any ideas for that? Just flame red again maybe?

​Woking ;)

Yeah silver would look nice next to the flame red cover. I'd say do the "renault sport" in either flame red again or black.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking! I will get some money together and start collecting paint for the job. I really need to do my headlights - making them shiny again as they've faded alot and have gone a bit yellow :/ that's my main thing I want to do now

Yeah I think so. I had a mate use it and I've seen the before and after differences first hand. Another mate of mine just said buy some wet and dry and do it by hand but I guess the kit is more worthwhile to buy?

Shame really as I'm going to a car meet next Sunday in Brighton, would've loved to have done something with them just to improve it for the day as i can't buy the kit until payday (Friday) -.-
Oh well!

Little update! So my passenger side speaker rattled alot :/ took it all apart and had a look at it but nothing was visually wrong (assuming it was just blown) so I uprated them! Went for some 'fli' mid range front speakers just as a cheap upgrade. Did look at the vibe but they were £14 more expensive and I would've needed to have drilled holes for tweeters which I didn't want to do!

Cost me £26 and am very happy with them :)
View attachment 96606

Ollie