ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INTERESTING INFO

***UNDERSTAND THE OVAL PLATE SYSTEM ON YOUR CAR***

ON NEW VEHICLES YOUR OVAL PLATE IS A PARTS ID TAG ON YOUR B POST (OPEN YOUR DRIVERS DOOR AND ITS ON THE INNER SILL HALF WAY UP) IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS - CBOA F025156

E2 SAN 913 SAN 513

NV 640 DRAPO1 HARMO2

5/ ACFK NRTV

THIS IS WHAT THEY REPRESENT. CBOA TELLS YOU THE TYPE OF CAR IE - C IS 3 DR BOA MEANS 1.2 D7F ENGINE (DIET) FITTED - OVAL PLATE NUMBER

F025156 TELLS YOU THE YEAR AND MONTH IT WAS BUILT IN CODE - ONLY USEFUL TO A DEALER FOR PARTS FINDING. FABRICATION NUMBER.

E1 BASIC SPEC - E2 AVERAGE SPEC E3 - TOP SPEC

SAN 913 SAN 513 INTERIOR TRIM CODES

NV 640 - COLOUR CODE

DRAP01 HARMO2 - ADDITION TO INTERIOR TRIM CODES

5/ UK SPEC

ACFK NRTV WILL TELL YOU IF IT HAS ABS, AIRCON, P/STEERING , STRENGTHENED SHOCKERS ETC.

ITS ALL IN CODE BUT YOU CAN DECIPHER IT ON THE RENAULT DIALOGYS COMPUTER - SO NEXT TIME YOUR DEALER SAYS CAN I HAVE YOUR OVAL DETAILS YOU KNOW WHAT HE MEANS. OBVIOUSLY EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT & THE ONES I HAVE GIVEN ARE AN EXAMPLE.

CBOA 1.2 --/ CBOC 1.4 --/ CBOF 1.2 16V -- /CBOM 2.0 OLD 172 --/ CB1N NEW 2.0 /-- CB05 1.216V /CBOP 1.4 16V / CBOE 1.9 D / CB1A V6 AND SO ON.

EARLIER CARS ITS UNDER THE BONNET ON O/S/F INNER WING - METAL PLATE.

so, how come if this little "oval" gives all the information about the car, when I gave Renault the details off it they still tried to fit the wrong windscreen?!?!?!?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye it dont matter how intelligent the system is if you got a renault muppet doing the work..

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hahaha,

I dont know if any of you guys read the 172 codes.

mk1 172 CB0M

mk2 172 CB1N

Does this mean that the mk1 is "da bom"

and the mk2 belongs in "da bin"

Just thought that was mildly amusing...so no flaming me mkay

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Dont take them seriously kis, I would kill for a mint sunflower yellow mk1 (dont worry, I wont kill you)