ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vin Sticker / ABS Missing or removed?

Hey guys, so i was reading through a thread here that discusses what the various letters, codes etc on the Drivers Door VIN stickers mean, supposedly - according to my sticker - My car has ABS.
However i'm 99% sure when i turn the ignition, there's no ABS check light etc, and in all the times of braked quite hard, i've never felt it kick/grip in.

Is there a relatively easy method of checking this or finding out? Is it possible to run the vehicle VIN through something that'd pull the spec out?
The coded string in particular i'm seeing is ACGK NRTV, with the V meaning 'with abs'

Also: what do the "SAN913-additional limited addition spec, SAN513-additional special edition spec" refer to?

Thread source in question:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...)-and-what-the-oval-plate-says-about-your-car

Cup In bits
Lol check if it has an ABS pump, I very much doubt someone removed the full ABS system on road car tbh.

Cup In bits
Its located below the coolant bottle on the sports and I'm guessing it will be the same on the lower models. It will look like a large block of aluminium with brake pipes coming from it and some wiring going into it, you can't miss it if you know what a brake pipe looks like.

under where the san913 there should be a few letters starting aith an a.a few down will be v/w if its w it has abs v is without

That'd make more sense if the thread on the Oval Plate details is incorrect, Mine is 'V', i'll have to check as above, to see if there's ANY of the ABS components.
I had a quick google for the cars normal/std specification and the Alizé supposedly does have abs...

I suppose it's just another thing to go wrong and fix!

Its located below the coolant bottle on the sports and I'm guessing it will be the same on the lower models. It will look like a large block of aluminium with brake pipes coming from it and some wiring going into it, you can't miss it if you know what a brake pipe looks like.

Ok, Had a quick look at a photo i took earlier and there's definitely nothing below the coolant bottle - i remember there beign nothing as i took the airbox out recently. I've seen some posts saying it's behind the bulkhead there, My bulkhead carpeting looks to be mostly ripped from it's rivets so i'll see if i can peek at it, had a search there for what they look like, yeah large block, with some metal pipes about 5mm in diameter or so coming out of it.

I have the alize, I have no ABS either!
Though I haven't checked my VIN, but we have pretty much identical cars besides the number of doors.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Maybe a previous owner had a fault with the ABS and removed the bulb on the dash to prevent problems at MOT time?

Get a pic of the engine bay.

ABS pumps are square boxes of metal (Nicely machined ali actually) with solid (Green or silver from memory) brake lines coming out of it.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
my abs unit on my 1.6 is on the nearside under the coolant and pas bottles.
check the front drive shafts to see if the abs pickup rings are fitted.

Definitely no ABS it seems, there's no visible ABS pump unless it's for whatever reason, hidden away in the bulkhead.
Never seen any ABS rings, never had to replace any ABS parts either so if it /did/ have it, it doesnt any more...