ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insuring Modification???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at this thread.
I think there is a few replys where people have been spitting there dummy out the pram and face it if you add ripspeed crap from halfrauds to your car, wheels etc etc to your car the premium will go up.

And if your young and in the statistics bracket that normally attracts silly insurance premiums.
DEAL WITH IT.... Everyones been there, although i have never paid 2k for insurance in my life and wouldn't be stupid enough too

^
The mods are decalared, but flux will only replace OEM items. They tell you that when you declare mods.

Pointless adding them to the car and then paying more to declare them if they aint replacing like for like :(

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i pay £1600 for my insurance with everything decalared. coilovers, alloys, exhaust, ICE etc which to be honest at my age isnt bad. but in a year i can insure a trophy for the same price......which makes it sound terrible

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was expecting this thread to be MUCH worse, Cs has been kind to you today op ;) this threads making me wanna go insure that turbo valve I got from eBay, that forces air into the throttle body upping bhp :)

Lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was expecting this thread to be MUCH worse, Cs has been kind to you today op ;) this threads making me wanna go insure that turbo valve I got from eBay, that forces air into the throttle body upping bhp :)

Lol

i pay £1600 for my insurance with everything decalared. coilovers, alloys, exhaust, ICE etc which to be honest at my age isnt bad. but in a year i can insure a trophy for the same price......which makes it sound terrible

How old are you and who's that with ?

Lol

Oh yeah, and those ebay resistors! ;)

Lol :rasp:

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I know exactly how you feel! Insurance is ridiculous in this country it needs completely reviewing and brought up to date as they are ripping so many young people off because of "statistics" who are they to say how i drive just because of an age bracket? Just things like charging you alot more for non performance mods than a mature driver would pay makes no sense!

I got a quote for a 197 last year from bell for £3200 with 2 years ncb and had been driving for 3 years.. i said well if i get a tracker fitted how much will it bring it down? "That will be £70 more" whys that?! "because a car with tracker on is obviously a higher risk car, so you have to pay more" told them to go f**k themselves!

I personally wouldn’t do mods unless your willing to recover the car yourself and work through the night to change it back to standard before they come to inspect the car.. but even that is taking a risk if its a serious accident you wouldn’t get a choice to recover the car..

Status
Not open for further replies.