ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance,why can't I get it cheap enough?

B

Bucko

I'm a 27 year old bloke, licence for 10 years, 7 years protected no claims, no points or convictions and my car is only a ph2 172 worth about £3k

My only bad points are an insurance claim for when i span the car 2 years ago, no other persons involved, and my prospeed stealth exhaust, eibach sportlines and a V6 airbox.

Why can't i get a quote for under £650?

Direct line won't insure a stainless exhaust and my cheapest yet is Adrian Flux at £655.

Anyone would think i'm 19 or something!

Any ideas suggestions?

FLOL at thinking thats really bad! Yes its a bit on the high side for age etc but mildly modified cars can be hard to get good insurance on.

Try Brentacre insurance, they have been excellent for me.

Oh and if you were 19 you'd probably add a 2 to the start of that price.

Lou

I'm a 27 year old bloke, licence for 10 years, 7 years protected no claims, no points or convictions and my car is only a ph2 172 worth about £3k

My only bad points are an insurance claim for when i span the car 2 years ago, no other persons involved, and my prospeed stealth exhaust, eibach sportlines and a V6 airbox.

Why can't i get a quote for under £650?

Direct line won't insure a stainless exhaust and my cheapest yet is Adrian Flux at £655.

Anyone would think i'm 19 or something!

Any ideas suggestions?

Have you tried Bell Direct? I've noticed all my quotes this year are over £600 when last year I paid £435. I've managed to get a quote of Bell for £372 and this year that is including protecting my no claims and using the car for business.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
£470 for me,

25, 4yrs experience, 4yrs no claims.

Exhaust, Alloys, Suspension, also ITB's in the price.

Greenlight FTFW!!

Bumder With A Buffer
£470 for me,

25, 4yrs experience, 4yrs no claims.

Exhaust, Alloys, Suspension, also ITB's in the price.

Greenlight FTFW!!

Yep im with greenlight (well highway actually, they are just the broker aint they).

Im 29, full clean licence 10+ years no claims and mine was about £350-400 ish I think :)

Just to make the OP feel better!

B

Bucko

thats an alright quote that with the extra mod parts. whats the excess?

£300 with Adrian Flux.

Compare the market has just told me that both Elephant and Admiral will do it for £640 with a £100 excess.

I'm gonna try Green light next, heard good things about them...

Clio 182ff
£300 with Adrian Flux.

Compare the market has just told me that both Elephant and Admiral will do it for £640 with a £100 excess.

I'm gonna try Green light next, heard good things about them...

give em a try, seems to be a black art getting cheapish quote. I pay £620 with IBUYECO (same stats as you + £250 excess).

B

Bucko

I've filled ut the application for Green Light, just waiting for a quote. Their homepage is great, talks about how they realise that people who modify their cars tend to look after them better. We'll see...

If you havent already, try giving brentacre a call, they didnt beat my best quote by much but halved my excess and there will be no charge for the mods you've done.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Admiral Multi car for me.

27, license for 10yrs, 2yrs ncb.

Standard mk5 Golf 1.4 and standard Ph1 172

£590 for 12 months cover on the Golf and 11 months on the Clio!

:D

B

Bucko

Bell Direct all mods declared, protected no claims, £0 voluntary excess...£431. That can't be right?!

Still waiting for Green Light but the above price seems to good to be true...

B

Bucko

Bell Direct all mods declared, protected no claims, £0 voluntary excess...£431. That can't be right?!

Still waiting for Green Light but the above price seems to good to be true...

Make that £715, the website thought my car was a 1.2. Oh well

Lou

Bucko said:
Make that £715, the website thought my car was a 1.2. Oh well

Glad Ive not bought my policy yet as they thought my car was a 1.2 also!!
Back to drawing board for me!!

B

Bucko

Brentacre want £609 which is great but they also want a £350 excess and the direct debit payment have to start with a £153 deposit.

Still waiting on Green Light

B

Bucko

I did an online quote and it says i'll get a reply within the hour, i didn't realise that until after i completed it. I'm in no rush, i don't need it until thurday

B

Bucko

Greenlight want £697 with a £350 excess!

It looks like i'm going with Admiral for £642 with a £100 excess

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got to be a postcode issue, m8. We're Category F apparently (though feck knows why) and even at 35, I'm still paying mid-£500's for 182 insurance. I've now been driving longer in my life than not, still with zero claims and no points.

It's a black art, I tell thee!

D.

182 ff
i had quote on line for esure £611 i called up to get it they said price has changed(no lie) this is what they said, due to the fact that someone in your street had claimed for a broken wing mirror your new quote is..... wait for it.....£3111 yes £3111,i said is this april fools you takng the piss. i think the wing mirror was solid gold encrusted with jewels.we get ripped off in this country really are going to far now.

182 ff
lol im 21 and they want £1800
god thats cheap ,av had quotes upto £4000 drivin for 15years no claims 3 points.av heard if u have a claim not your fault u claim off the other person your insurance goes up,ave been waiting 15 years for mine to go down just goes up every year cause it rained somewhere or snowed

FF Clio 182
god thats cheap ,av had quotes upto £4000 drivin for 15years no claims 3 points.av heard if u have a claim not your fault u claim off the other person your insurance goes up,ave been waiting 15 years for mine to go down just goes up every year cause it rained somewhere or snowed

This is true somebody crashed into me it was completely not my fault as I was stationary at the time! Insurance for a 182 jumped from £1100 to £1400! It's ok I suppose because I claimed back the difference from the other persons insurance! But yes we are robbed when it comes to insurance!

They are expensive cars to insure. My oe ph1 172 daily driver costs almost as much to insure as my modified Evo VI :S

Renault clio 172
I'm 28, 0 no claims only been passed my test for a week when I got insured ( this was over 6 months ago now) £790 fully comp, quote me happy was the provider, that's on a modified 172 Aswell I though that was superb baring in mind the next best one was around £1200 I was well happy

Ford Mustang 5.0
I'm 28, 0 no claims only been passed my test for a week when I got insured ( this was over 6 months ago now) £790 fully comp, quote me happy was the provider, that's on a modified 172 Aswell I though that was superb baring in mind the next best one was around £1200 I was well happy

You can look forward to some decent savings when you get the 1st years NCB under your belt....had you been driving under a company policy before or is this just your first insurance?

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Ford Mustang 5.0
They are expensive cars to insure. My oe ph1 172 daily driver costs almost as much to insure as my modified Evo VI :S

I could happily look at a two car policy for you mate when it comes up. Did something similar recently for another member running an Evo and a Clio. Could save you money doing the two together?

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight