ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance on a 172

VW Golf
Morning All,

Great site, i'm visiting from pistonheads.com as i'm told by some of the Guys this is a good place to ask some questions!

Currently starting the process of looking for a 172 (once i've finished moving house at the end of the month) as my current steed (94 Golf) is getting a bit tired!

I was quoted £585 FC with Churchill at my current address (HP22) thats with me at 23, 4 years protected NCD, 3 points (12/02/02) insured for 5000 miles with Dad and the Girlfriend as named drivers. I also get a discount for having a Churchill Home Insurance Policy.
However my new address (HP21) is a Cat C postcode which means they want nearly £300 more! I can put the car in the garage which will save a bit but does any one have any ideas on how to reduce my premium a bit?

My current insurance policy started on the 1st June with Churchill and was £340 FC (Insured for 10k miles with Dad & Girlfriend as named drivers). I don't mind paying a couple of hundred extra to upgrade though!

It might sound cheeky but can any one in the Bucks area take me out for a test drive? The girlfriend drives a 1.2 16v and my mate has a Trophy (Egomeister from PH don't know if he's on here as well) but i've not experienced a 172. There'd be a couple of beers in it for you and I wouldn't feel guilty about being a test pilot with someone who is trying to sell their car as well.

Probably looking to get a 2002 car in either dark red or silver.

Thanks

i'm sure there will be some one who will take you out for a spin, as for insurance, try a few other companys, admiral and elephant seem to be good.

soon: 172 Cup
Direct Line gave me a suprisignly good quote fella.

21, 0 NCB, no accidents and no points, came out as £1200, other companies wanted silly money!

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
hey there guys i have a 172 and im with tesco they were the cheapest going i am 21 with 3 years no claims and being in the forces helped as im an hgv driver.i pay just over £1000 but soon to go down