ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance on a 1.2 - 1 year NCB

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Basically this week my insurance renewal should be coming through saying that I have 1 year no claims, as some of you may remember I posted a thread a while back about how my insurance was £3000 on a 51 plate 1.2 16v clio (third party).

I stuck at it and like I said I've almost got 1 year no claims, yesterday I received a call from Swinton and they quoted me £3600 fully comp with the NCB, my car is not modified (all Ren parts) so this seems ridiculous.

I'm 17 (turn 18 on 11th April) and I passed my test in June 2009, no convictions etc...Can you recommend any insurers to me that will be as cheap as possible?

Thanks in advance
Liam

Audi TTS S Tronic
Quinn are good with young drivers

When you hit 18, many more will insure you. When you hit 18, MoreThan, Bell (Elephant + Admiral) are all good :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Just spoke to a fellar from Churchill, and he said because it had 182 wheels they wouldn't be able to insure it...Should I just call back and say it's standard?

120d M Sport
Try Bell....I got my 1.2 16v insured on my own, with 0 ncb, 1 yrs driving experience at £1100 back in June.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Try Bell....I got my 1.2 16v insured on my own, with 0 ncb, 1 yrs driving experience at £1100 back in June.

Just called them, won't insure me at all.

Also just called MoreThan and they said the same.

Last edited:
  182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
Try a company called 1st central
i was £750 last year on my 182 with bell 1st central
was £359 this year. Let me know how you get on

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
Try a company called 1st central
i was £750 last year on my 182 with bell 1st central
was £359 this year. Let me know how you get on

Clio on SL 2118s
I went with Adrian Flux when I was 18, one year ncb, £860.
This year, 19, 2 years ncb, £630.
As said, give them a ring mate and just haggle.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Only companies I haven't tried from the names you've given me are RAC & 1st central, I got a quote of £9k from Bell...3rd Party haha!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly pissed myself.

Don't understand this at all tbh.

Just a note...I'm adding my mum and dad on the policy, my dad has 28 years NC but my mum had a claim last year, through the other party's insurance as the car was unocupied...My mum didn't have to pay anything...Should I still put her on the policy?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
only ren parts tho Daz so it doesn't make a difference :(

i was paying 1k on prov, then it went to 3k when i passed lol

Da

Less
only ren parts tho Daz so it doesn't make a difference :(

i was paying 1k on prov, then it went to 3k when i passed lol

Not trying to pick holes mate but you're building a 1*2 Rep are you not?
Black 182 wheels, lowering springs, 182 interior. 1*2 body parts??

I think that constitues being 'modified' even if they are Renault parts.

Is that the reason you are/were paying £3K insurance?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Not trying to pick holes mate but you're building a 1*2 Rep are you not?
Black 182 wheels, lowering springs, 182 interior. 1*2 body parts??

I think that constitues being 'modified' even if they are Renault parts.

Is that the reason you are/were paying £3K insurance?

anything cosmetic i don't have to tell my current insurer, but it was 3k standard anyway

thats crazy money, surely something must be wrong! do you live in a really rough area?

So are the quotes you are doing with bell etc with the mods declared?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I cant believe some of the quotes in here!

The most ive ever paid for car insurance is £1560 @ 18 on a C2 GT

This is f**king insane...!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
thats crazy money, surely something must be wrong! do you live in a really rough area?

So are the quotes you are doing with bell etc with the mods declared?

no not rough at all mate. no council houses or anythin lol.

tried bell with no mods mate btw...won't insure me

Clio 182 cup'd
Camble said:
anything cosmetic i don't have to tell my current insurer, but it was 3k standard anyway

You NEED to tell your next insurer without a doubt! It's a myth that genuine Renault parts aren't counted as a modification!

I don't see why you are getting silly quotes, unless its because you are declaring all the modifications. The most I ever paid was £1000 in my first year of driving.

If I was asked to pay 3k I would get a bus pass instead!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
You NEED to tell your next insurer without a doubt! It's a myth that genuine Renault parts aren't counted as a modification!

I don't see why you are getting silly quotes, unless its because you are declaring all the modifications. The most I ever paid was £1000 in my first year of driving.

If I was asked to pay 3k I would get a bus pass instead!

exactly mate, all th prices are for it standard.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I pay 780 fully comp, 19 with 2 years no claims. Anything around the 1000 mark and you've done very well tbh.

try getting a quote for fully comp? most of the time the 3rd party is more expensive in my experience.
im 21 paying 1400 with 2ncb will have 3 in may when i renew and i live in bhagdad

I live in a Class A area (BA*). Quinn Direct was the best i could get on my 206, 18 with 1 claim. £1500 or somthing.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Im 18
1 year NCB
55 plate mk3 1.2 clio
All mod's declared (wheels, induction kit, stereo and exhaust)

£820 fully comp :)
Thats with Admiral

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Only companies I haven't tried from the names you've given me are RAC & 1st central, I got a quote of £9k from Bell...3rd Party haha!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly pissed myself.

Don't understand this at all tbh.

Just a note...I'm adding my mum and dad on the policy, my dad has 28 years NC but my mum had a claim last year, through the other party's insurance as the car was unocupied...My mum didn't have to pay anything...Should I still put her on the policy?

£9k where do you life Bagdad or Helmand !!!!!:lolup::lolup::lolup:

22year 3 NCB £695 the Flux on a 2lt conversion

Clio
i can belive all these quotes!

i STILL have my 1.2 at 25 lol and they tried to rape me for 700 quid with 3 years no claims

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Just spoke to my current insurer (Quinn) and they said that the renewal is £1700 3rd party with my 1 Year NCB. At least it's better than 9 grand but would like it a little cheaper tbh.

M16a
Im 600 with No NCB, 19. Driving a year, mods declared.

Avviva. You need to phone them though, to delcare the mods.

I've got sport seats, wheels and a stereo (Install) and lowered, that put it up £30.

And mines is a 1.2 8v Campus.

Insurance is a joke tbh.