ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help Needed badly

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Insurance renewal comes up tomorrow, got a 1.2 clio I'm 18 with a years no claims,

In your opinion who would be cheapest to insure with.
Need help immediately,

Cheers

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
elephant or bell direct.

Be prepared to bend over and take it either way at your age.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1 - You need immediate help .. I'm sorry I'm 5 minutes behind. Should I call the authorities for you ?

2 - There's an insurance section on here. Have a browse through that.

2 - Google - young driver insurance .. ?

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Thanks dave and adam for actually trying to help,

I was only consulting cs as I figured a few people on here might have been in a similar boat to me at the same time,
Cheers

Clio S & VW T5
Having just had a renewal quote for my son (who is 17 and just passed his test a few weeks ago); I was in a very similar situation.
All insurance companies are now stopping "fronted" policies (where your mum or dad takes out the policy to bring your premium down) and the cheapest I could get for him was over £2k!!

We've ended up going with Co operative insurance on one of these "smartbox" policies which rewards good driving with regularly reducing premiums - might be worth a try if you're struggling with the costs...

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Cheers Johnny, I had a fronted policy for my first year and it cost £1400, the company now want to put it to £2000 a they changed there underwriters. Lowest quote im getting at the moment is 1600 still fronted :/

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just call every single insurance company you can. Write off the rest of your day and get on the phone to all of them..

Talking can haggle discounts, and get details right, so you're not paying for assumptions you don't need/have/want.

Insurance at the moment is just hilarious for everybody :(

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Aviva gave me a £2,500 quote and i told them my renewal was cheaper and i wasnt willing to pay that, they told me there are 2,000,000 uninsured cars on the road in the uk so i said well from tomorrow there will be 2,000,001 and the woman didnt sound best pleased

again admiral.. 22 with 1yr ncb and a crash declared on a 172 cup

1538.28 including my break down everywhere else were quoting like 2k at the next cheapest right through to 3k

clio 182
Aviva gave me a £2,500 quote and i told them my renewal was cheaper and i wasnt willing to pay that, they told me there are 2,000,000 uninsured cars on the road in the uk so i said well from tomorrow there will be 2,000,001 and the woman didnt sound best pleased

lol!

Serious post now:

Try Admiral. They are always by far the cheapest for me. Been with them for 3 years now. Make sure you phone them though.

+1 for admiral. Bang parents on there, say you park on the road, play with your job description and value of the car.