ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 17yr olds

Dynamique+ 1.4
Who is the cheepest out of the lot? anyone got any good premiums or had good quotes off certain insurers. I know it depends on certain things but can anyone help me out.

Mk4 .:R32
shop around as it changes all the time. I've found bell and elephant to be the best for me personally

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Quinn Direct quoted me £1785.29 F/C on my 2002 Clio Privilege 1.4, which sounds a lot, but the next up was about £2019. The big guns like NUD and DirectLine came in about £2400-£2700.

And the best:

4YouungDrivers...£3300!

Abarth 500 Essesse
bell always been the cheapest for me with the 182 at the minute they are by far the cheapest, by hundreds

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
i go on moneysupermarket.co.uk and confused.com they saythe price they give is the price the insures own sites give but thats wrong, i found they got me cheaper quotes than going direct to the insurers sites. give em a go!

Iceburg 172FF
After getting £1600 quotes for my 172 I tried tesco's website and it came down to £940 or so. They have a good value insurance policy and the normal one. The value one is cheap!

White Sti Hatch
Im £880 i think around that mark ne way for my mine Fully comp mods declaird and three points....and im 18...elephant.co.uk

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Quinn Direct quoted me £1785.29 F/C on my 2002 Clio Privilege 1.4, which sounds a lot, but the next up was about £2019. The big guns like NUD and DirectLine came in about £2400-£2700.

And the best:

4YouungDrivers...£3300!

^^^thats insane for a 1.4. I insured my first car (mk2 ph1 clio 1.4S) for £1100.

'02 1.4 16v Auto

And the best:

4YouungDrivers...£3300!

^^^thats insane for a 1.4. I insured my first car (mk2 ph1 clio 1.4S) for £1100.

was that fully comp? who was it with mate?

Edit: Still on my provisional though :(

Last edited:
QUINN DIRECT- they are excellent

I used them to insure my first car, and was hundreds cheaper than anywhere else, and they also dont mind mods!!

also they are one of the only companies that let you pay direct debit if you are under 18!

alot of my friends are now insured with them!

Evo 6, E92 320d
im with direct line, named driver(so i still get ncb with DL). at 17 i paid £1075 on my 1.2 16v, now im 18 with 1yr ncb i pay £550 fully comp

Mondeo ST220

a few of my mates found that their insurance went up once they had a full licence and was cheaper on a provisional, think, whilst on a provisional you're only driving it when someone is in the car who has had their licence over 2/3 years or whatever it is

'02 1.4 16v Auto
QUINN DIRECT- they are excellent

I used them to insure my first car, and was hundreds cheaper than anywhere else, and they also dont mind mods!!

also they are one of the only companies that let you pay direct debit if you are under 18!

alot of my friends are now insured with them!

What do you mean when you say they don't mind mods? That they will happily continue to insure you as you mod your vehicle?

a few of my mates found that their insurance went up once they had a full licence and was cheaper on a provisional, think, whilst on a provisional you're only driving it when someone is in the car who has had their licence over 2/3 years or whatever it is

Aye, would make sense. At the mo when I'm driving, I've normally got between 25 and 50 years of experience sat next to me :p

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
2300 third party fire and theft named driver with elephant ( cheapest ) yep it sucks but well worth it

MINI Cooper S
Just avoid Zenith, utter rubbish prices, why im with them ill never know, but you gotta face it, your gonna get bummed with your first policy. Everyone does! Except really lucky people but im not one of those :(

What do you mean when you say they don't mind mods? That they will happily continue to insure you as you mod your vehicle?

most insurers will charge you extra for mods, or not accept them at all, but quinn direct do not charge you for most mods (excluding engine mods)

'02 1.4 16v Auto
most insurers will charge you extra for mods, or not accept them at all, but quinn direct do not charge you for most mods (excluding engine mods)

Sounds like my Sister should have gone with them (First car was a Saxo VTR - 17s, Bodykit, Twin exit silencers, 6x9s) She got quoted £1550 for 9 Months by NUD (Albeit, with a years NCB after that 9 months)

That's tempting now...Over time, maybe some new alloys, rear bumper and exhaust. And of course, the "attention to detail" stuff like Tax Disc Holder, badges etc. :) Anything to give a 5 door auto a bit more street cred (Auto by force due to medical condition, 5 door cos the car was like that :p)

Anyway...

I'd seriously consider QD - They've done me proud so far. My policy also has my Mum and Dad on F/C as named drivers.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
I was 17 when I took out my insurance on quinn direct but i did a quote to see what its like now and kwik fit looked good !

Formally Clio 182
When I was your age, I was tempted enough to get a brand new clio on finance which included 1 years free insurance. The 1 year free insurance really saved me a bundle!

I think renault, refuse to offer free insurance to anyone these days due to the amount of 17 year olds writing off their clios.