ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance changes

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
So soon insurance prices are going down for men and up for woman to level out because of a new law, so I have a question.

I renewed last month, and I pay annually... so if my quote goes down, will I get any money back?

I doubt it but its worth a try, since I paid £1500!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So soon insurance prices are going down for men and up for woman to level out because of a new law, so I have a question.

I renewed last month, and I pay annually... so if my quote goes down, will I get any money back?

I doubt it but its worth a try, since I paid £1500!

If you believe that, you will believe anything. And no.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
If you believe that, you will believe anything. And no.

Oh I see how it's going to work, prices are staying the same but women's insurance is going up, so its fair but they get sh*t loads more money... typical...

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Another excellent reason to be in europe eh?

I think it's fair tbh.
Made me lol on the radio today when someone pointed out that if woman paid more than men it would be sexist but when it's the other way round it's fair...
They want their equal rights when it suits them but not when it doesn't....

Da

Less
Long overdue in my eyes.

I mean, they wouldn't charge a different premium based on your name, so why should they on your sex? :S

Risk factor is one thing, but women instantly paying 30-40% less than men purely because they're a woman? Can't believe they've got away with it for so long to be fair!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's fair tbh.
Made me lol on the radio today when someone pointed out that if woman paid more than men it would be sexist but when it's the other way round it's fair...
They want their equal rights when it suits them but not when it doesn't....

Its not fair at all, insurance is statistics based, they dont just charge men more because they feel like it lol

Its a joke tbh, would you be happy if your insurance went up because they decided you cant charge older people less than a 17 year old?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Long overdue in my eyes.

I mean, they wouldn't charge a different premium based on your name, so why should they on your sex? :S

Risk factor is one thing, but women instantly paying 30-40% less than men purely because they're a woman? Can't believe they've got away with it for so long to be fair!

But statistics prove that men cost more in payouts than women, fact.

Insurance has to discriminate, thats how it works, its ridiculous, really properly stupid, I shouldn't care this much but i do.

But statistics prove that men cost more in payouts than women, fact.

Insurance has to discriminate, thats how it works, its ridiculous, really properly stupid, I shouldn't care this much but i do.

this ^^.

although it would be classed as sexist if blokes paid less than women. :banghead:

Da

Less
Oh I know, statistics, that's all insurance companies ever band about.

I'm male, 30 years old, never had a point or a crash, and yet I should pay more than a 30 year old woman with no points or crashes?

I know what you're saying Mike, I really do, but when it's in context, it isn't fair in the slightest.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think its completely fair.

It isn't down to chance that consistently men crash more than women.

On average a 30 y/o man with no bad history is still more likely to crash than a 30 y/o woman with no bad history, the insurance company have to base their prices on the facts and it works.

Black Gold Trophy
All it means in reality though is male's premiums will stay the same and female's premiums will go up.

It is f*cking ridiculous, it is like someone claiming they are being discriminated against as they live in a high crime area, the statistics are there to make it fair for everyone!

1.2 Authentique
Me and a few of my friends had a brain wave of rather than on gender, it should be on your driving test. There should be a points system on your test ranging from 1 to lets say 5 and you insurance reflects how you actually drive rather than a stereotype. To be honest i am being a bit of a hypocrite as im not too bad of a driver how ever i can be a massive dick behind the wheel sometime :p

07 Campus Sport 1.2
i think it should definately change for men as they get older, eg more experienced and less boy racer ish, a 30 year old man with say 10 years driving and no claims is clearly just as good a driver as a 30 year old woman in the same situation, so therefore they should pay the same amount. However a 18 year old boy and an 18 year old girl shouldn't pay the same, as the lad is likely to be a bit heavy right footed.
I know i shouldnt say that as im 19 and pay over the odds for insurance on my poxy 1.2, but thats the fairest way to do it.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Me and a few of my friends had a brain wave of rather than on gender, it should be on your driving test. There should be a points system on your test ranging from 1 to lets say 5 and you insurance reflects how you actually drive rather than a stereotype. To be honest i am being a bit of a hypocrite as im not too bad of a driver how ever i can be a massive dick behind the wheel sometime :p

No because you start leaning to drive AFTER your test, it should be a set price based on age, engine size, type of car and NCB and thats it!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
i think it should definately change for men as they get older, eg more experienced and less boy racer ish, a 30 year old man with say 10 years driving and no claims is clearly just as good a driver as a 30 year old woman in the same situation, so therefore they should pay the same amount. However a 18 year old boy and an 18 year old girl shouldn't pay the same, as the lad is likely to be a bit heavy right footed.
I know i shouldnt say that as im 19 and pay over the odds for insurance on my poxy 1.2, but thats the fairest way to do it.

But statistically the woman is still less of a risk than the man. So should pay less.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
But statistically the woman is still less of a risk than the man. So should pay less.

But statistics are the mother of all fuckups...
17 year old girls should pay the same as 17 year old boys (based on a clean slate). It should be the same for people with no claims at 30. Would be interesting to see the statistics on how many male drivers there are to women drivers and how much time spent on the road by each etc...

Like I said women like there equal opps when it suits them eg, what jobs are available, the vote... and it's classed as sexist when its not that way but when it suits such as this then it's another mater...

Whats next? Should us young people start shouting that its Ageist that we pay more than a 30 year old person with a clean license.

Insurance is a joke

Da

Less
I am no more (or less) likely to crash than a female driver of the same age, driving record and no claims bonus though, that's the point I'm making Mike. They should base it on YOUR driving history, not generalise because you're a man/woman etc.

How can they say I'm more likely to crash purely based on my sex? :S Sure, base it on the car I drive, the number of miles I do, whether I commute etc etc. But don't base it on my sex.