ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Instead of buying another car….

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I decided to get back on a bike!
Few mates have done their tests now so will have some riding buddies, so spotted this last night and picked it up tonight.

Absolutely love it, missed having a bike!
The noise is mental, has an actuator valve linked to the throttle so it's pretty good for morning starts etc, but once you wind it back it sounds pretty awesome.

067438A3-CCAB-410C-9F16-4B29BA7FA196_zpsvdornclc.gif

B5E73F3F-2AB4-4E5C-8FC6-FA1EE24EE7A2_zpsa8hloty8.gif

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice bike!

Would love a bike at one point in my life, but i think i'd kill myself!

How do you manage to hold one at very high speeds? Must be quite tough on the body is it?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Nice bike!

Would love a bike at one point in my life, but i think i'd kill myself!

How do you manage to hold one at very high speeds? Must be quite tough on the body is it?

I'm not a nutcase rider by any means, but it is easier than you think!
Hard to explain really as you just do it rather than think about it to be honest!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Me too. I have always respected bikes and wanted to have a go, however the thought of making a mistake means that I never will give it a chance.

It's a weird one I guess, I had field bikes from about 12/13 and a few bikes on the road between 19-22, I'm 25 now so kind of grown up with them. I can understand nerves from someone who's never been on one.

clio 182 trophy

It is a shame init mate as we are missing out on some fantastic fun. I always see the guys/girls around when the sun is out having a blast, laughing and enjoying and thinking to myself I really wish I could give it a go. Unfortunately the cons far outweigh the pros in my case.

clio 182 trophy
It's a weird one I guess, I had field bikes from about 12/13 and a few bikes on the road between 19-22, I'm 25 now so kind of grown up with them. I can understand nerves from someone who's never been on one.

It is the thought of coming off and getting seriously hurt or even killed that puts me off mate, suppose it is the same for everyone else too scared to ride. I came off the back of a bike at about 40mph when I was 8 and that put me off from there!flol.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It is a shame init mate as we are missing out on some fantastic fun. I always see the guys/girls around when the sun is out having a blast, laughing and enjoying and thinking to myself I really wish I could give it a go. Unfortunately the cons far outweigh the pros in my case.

Completely agree mate. I'm just a pussy and I'm too scared of dying/dieing (how the f**k do you spell that lol).

Great looking machine though Joe

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It is the thought of coming off and getting seriously hurt or even killed that puts me off mate, suppose it is the same for everyone else too scared to ride. I came off the back of a bike at about 40mph when I was 8 and that put me off from there!flol.

If you've come off one I can completely understand then mate!

Completely agree mate. I'm just a pussy and I'm too scared of dying/dieing (how the f**k do you spell that lol).

Great looking machine though Joe

Thanks James.
I know what you mean. I guess I'm confident in my own abilities. Yeah someone could pull out on me etc, but I could get T Boned by a bus in a car and end up the same so f**k it!

Just hoping for a dry weekend this week.

would love a bike but my biggest fear are the knob heads on the road that don't pay attention/on their phone whilst driving... one mistake by you or someone else and it could be curtains for you.

VX220
looks good! whats going on with the number plate though?
Have just sold my cb1000r and taken an xt600 off my brother to commute to work on. It's so boring i think it will be going. Going to try and pick up a cafe racer project

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Before I got into bikes I used to think that everyone who crashed was killed, but I now know loads of people who have had an off and it has not being fatal. Yes they are dangerous but you learn to read peoples actions, almost like a sixth sense. Yes you can't do anything if someone just pulls out on you but on approach you should be able to prepare, I.e cover your brake, ease off the throttle etc. road craft comes with experience so just take it easy and you will be fine. I got into bikes far too late (27) and I sold a few years later (about 12,000 miles on a 600cc) as my son was born and needed the money. One of my biggest regrets is not doing it earlier as it is some of the best fun you can have and I don't think anything can replace the sheer exhilaration of being on a bike.

OP, Bike looks fantastic, very jealous. Need a vid of that exhaust :)

Many.
^Echo the above tbh, Once you've been on a bike a little while you learn to expect people to never see you, pull out on you etc, so you don't put yourself into situations where other people can interfere with you.

Holding on at high speed is nothing, due to how your sat on the bike your ass keeps you planted, and its just a bit more pressure on your arms, but once you've ridden a bike for a week you don't notice it anymore.

I'm looking to get back on a bike after a year off, I crashed my previous bike quite badly but walked away with just a broken collarbone.

On topic, Nice bike bar the plate, They look a whole lot better than the older kawks.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate, lovely colour. Never been on a Ninja. Not keen on the plate.

How you finding it? You using it as a daily?

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice bike but LOL at the plate...that's a 5-0 magnet right there.

Riding bikes? Treat every other road user as if their absolute intention is to knock you off, plan accordingly, and you'll be fine.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah plate isn't to my preference either but that's all I've got at the minute, going to get another ordered as soon as I can.
I'm not really using it for commuting but if it's a nice day and I'm free in the evening I might use it for work then go for a ride straight after on the way home, only live 4 miles away so getting kitted up is a bit of a ball ache for a 6 minute ride!
Going to buy some new leathers and helmet tomorrow hopefully so I look a bit more serious!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah plate isn't to my preference either but that's all I've got at the minute, going to get another ordered as soon as I can.
I'm not really using it for commuting but if it's a nice day and I'm free in the evening I might use it for work then go for a ride straight after on the way home, only live 4 miles away so getting kitted up is a bit of a ball ache for a 6 minute ride!
Going to buy some new leathers and helmet tomorrow hopefully so I look a bit more serious!

Sweet, what leathers & lid you going for bud?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely looking bike joe.

I love the power aspect but am too much of a girl to commit, plus the amount of traffic these days is nuts.

Good luck with it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks great, and echo some of the comments above ref being a girl and never getting one.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sweet, what leathers & lid you going for bud?

Ended up buying some waterproof Weise leathers, some good boots (that I've forgotten the make of now!) and a Shoei dog dangles helmet, so spent just over £1k today…oops!

Hoping it's a reasonable day tomorrow so I can get a decent first ride in.

Also been clearing some proper space to store and work on it, and get my ground anchor in a better position to lock it up to as well!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up buying some waterproof Weise leathers, some good boots (that I've forgotten the make of now!) and a Shoei dog dangles helmet, so spent just over £1k today…oops!

Hoping it's a reasonable day tomorrow so I can get a decent first ride in.

Also been clearing some proper space to store and work on it, and get my ground anchor in a better position to lock it up to as well!

Sweet, I've got an Arai head but do like Shoei's.