ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

injectors aren't working

clio 172
I've just put my engine and box back in the car. (Did timing belt, dephaser and clutch so thought it was as easy taking it out) I disconnected the engine bay relay box and split the fuse holder and took all wiring with the engine.
On finishing everything off initially there was nothing but dash lights at the key (no start or crank), found a loose connection to one of the relays so got it turning over now sweet as a nut but now the injectors aren't injecting the fuel. There is fuel pressure from feed line and a constant flow but when you look down the inlet port it isn't injecting.
Any idea guys at a loss here!!!
It's a ph2 sport btw

clio 172
tried a lamp tester light as voltmeter wasn't working and didn't get any light up from injector plugs so im guessing there is no power to injectors. can the timing sensor be tested in the same way? (negative to battery, positive to sensor plug). I took it off to test for magnetism and it seems fine so ive kind of ruled out fault in sensor. im beginning to wonder if a wire has broken when taking the engine out!! if for instance there is no signal to sensor plug what could be the fault of that? ive had a play about with relays, swapping them about etc also

clio 172 phs1 turbo
That would my guess what simon said clio 2 immobilisers have a mind of there own after battery disconneted.
Lock the car with remote disconnect batt for 10mins reconnect open with remote and turn on the ignition and wait till immobiliser light goes out then start the car. This can work first time or the 10th time or iv got them going just by turning on and off the ignition till you hear the fuel pump prime then the car should start. But this is only gona work if it is the immobiliser playing with your emotions lol

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Sorry just reread the post, your getting the fuel primed from the pump ignore my last post.
Make sure the gearbox earth connection is good really clean with sandpaper on contact points on chassi and gbox

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Not 100% but i believe clio immob cuts fuel pump not the injectors. If thats the case (someone hopefully will confirm) then not immob fault

Had this before and the crank sensor on top of the gearbox wasn't plugged in and the injectors weren't spraying fuel.

Worth a poke about there...