ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info on X85 RS200 Vs Polo GTI or such cars

S15 Silvia
Hi Guy,
I've just sold my Nissan Silvia S15 (Turbo), and I'm looking to buy a hot hatch now because I'd like to retain the sports abilities but have more usability.

Unfortunately I can't find much comparison between a X85 RS200 and same era Polo GTI. Or any other car in the same market.

I'm not really intristed in the new RS200 as it's only in auto, don't like the look of it and only come in a 4-door.

Anyway, could someone provide some links?

Cheers,
MJ

S15 Silvia
Well, I originally posted that thinking I could edit it after I see how it looks. Then I saw a few typos and couldn't find the edit button.
So I can't add the "Clio" part either.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Rob or someone can you move this to Clio discussion? Someone needs to give this chap some advice and show that not everyone is a tard on this forum.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
UsedCarImage.jpg
[h=2]01284 752999[/h]
[h=1]RENAULT CLIO 2.0 VVT RENAULTSPORT 200 RAIDER 3-DR HATCHBAC[/h][h=1]£14,995[/h]

• June 2012 -
  • 9,500 miles* -
  • Manual -
  • Petrol -
  • Carbon Grey-
  • 2 yr 7 mths warranty
RAWLINSON

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Reading the opening post, I'd suggest he's looking at the 1.6T RS200?

4door
Auto

As for assuming ford over renault as he didn't specify, it's a Clio forum, take an educated guess when comparing it against a Polo

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Reading the opening post, I'd suggest he's looking at the 1.6T RS200?

4door
Auto

As for assuming ford over renault as he didn't specify, it's a Clio forum, take an educated guess when comparing it against a Polo

It says he doesn't want the new one because of 4 doors and auto etc.

172 Cup
I'd get the 200 but gearboxes worry me.

I'd get the polo but quad turbo twin supercharge saw bench pillar drill toaster'd to get big power out of a 1.4 doesn't sit well with me

I'd go for something like a Focus ST mate..

S15 Silvia
Sorry about all the confusion. I thought UK has the same models we have here in Aus. We only have the Cup and Trophy versions here.
The X85 is the one before the 4 door auto turbo. They both have the same RS200 name but are totally different, hence the use of X85.

I can find reviews on the Polo GTI and RS200 individually, but I can't find a direct comparison of these two (or a number of hot hatches) as there normally is.

I've tested both cars and both have their pros and cons. But I'd like a deeper review, like the media normally produces. My 20min inspection can only gauge so much aside from the seat of the pants feel/handing/etc. There's a fair few of them for RS250 vs Gold GTI, but none for these two. At least that I can find. So that's basically only what I'm after.

I guess I'd like to hear more about... everything else aside the handing of the RS200. Every review talks too much about that! It's meant to be a hot hatch, so it's meant to be practical. I'd like to read a detailed review about why it's a good hot hatch (aside from handling), because I'd like to keep this car for at least 3 years, but probably more like 5/6 years. Being that I'm 26 now, it would mean I'd kind of require the car to be "normal", completely liveable and be able to get the normal duties of an mature life. To be more accurate, I want a car that's not a too far fall from what I'm used to, but has all the above aspects.

You'd think judging what's normal and liveable is common sense, but having been impaired for over 3 years now with this http://oi42.tinypic.com/295a8lh.jpg , I don't really know what's normal anymore. On that note, I can defiantly judge what's a good handing/performance etc car. So I only need help with the rest.

S15 Silvia
Additional, what's I'm trying to achieve is not to spend so much money on making the car what I want, like I did.
I want good package for the start.
Naturally that means go a Golf GTI (at least here). But a Gold GTI doesn't handle well for me. It's good in every way, aside from that.

As an example, I've read nothing about the stereo of the RS200. Only one review mentioned optional auto wipers and auto head lights. But no one else did. So I can't even figure out if they do have it or not and which do.

S15 Silvia
The Mk5 Golf GTI handles very well. That's a myth.

With good rubber they are better than any of my Clios (182s)

So much more planted its untrue.

Hmm that's interesting and I might test it out.

I haven't driven a 182, but from what I read, a 200 is a noticeable improvement over the earlier models. So maybe a 200 is better Golf GTI?

Having said that, I was comparing a Polo GTI to a RS200.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
What about a Megane R26 lux?

Has all the goodies, auto lights/wipers, full leather etc

And its a great handling car, and fairly fast.

S15 Silvia
What about a Megane R26 lux?

Has all the goodies, auto lights/wipers, full leather etc

And its a great handling car, and fairly fast.

I don't think we have that car here in Aus.

So my asumption is there isn't really any articles on the comparison of X85 model R200 Vs Polo GTI, since no one has posted anything so far.
Very odd, I can't be the only one that thinks it would be a good comparison.