ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno Project

Ph1 172 On ITB
I thought id start a thread for my brothers 182 cup, he saw the light and sold his type r and came to the french side.

It was more or less standard ish when he got it, has a viper filter on it, and wheels had been refurbed in gloss black with inferno orange centre reno badge.

Must say im a fan of the colour, looks great in the sun.

It didnt take long for him to crack on and start modding her.

He ordered a ktec supersports cat back exhaust along with decat pipe and carbon front splitter.
He thought while he was going to be changing the exhaust, he would sort out the exhaust mounts and fitted 2 of prima racings sold exhaust mounts.
He wasnt happy with the standard ride height, so for the time being hes lowered it on some prima racing lowering springs. They wont be stopping on long but wants to groups things together and change them all while its in bits, more on that in a mo.

While having a look on ebay came across cheap set of brand new goodridge braided lines, so got those bought and fitted, brake pedal feels alot firmer.

A mate of ours also has a 172 phase 2, so he sold the viper filter to him, and as i have a phase 1 airbox off my 172 phase 1 hes fitted that along with a bmc filter.

Plans for the next year are....

Gaz coilover
Powerflex bushes everywhere
Whiteline RARB
Solid Topmounts
New ball joints and track rod ends
Upgraded discs and pads
Throttle bodies with aftermarket engine management
Catcams
Carbon fibre touches

Going to group all the suspension and brakes all together, so he can change them all at the same time.

Anyway, here are a few pics from how she was when he got her till now
Enjoy!

IMG_8202_HDR.gif

IMG_8182_HDR.gif

IMG_8180.gif

IMG_8177_HDR.gif

Then it was time to give her a major clean for the first time. I washed her, than clay barred, then polished followed by 2 layers of dodo juice and 2 layers of Autoglym extra gloss. Wheels got polished and tyre gel put on, glass got cleaned inside out, and hoovered inside to.

I couldnt be happier with the results, it looks great imo

Anyway, less talk more pics

IMG_8210.gif

IMG_8250_HDR.gif

IMG_8246.gif

IMG_8274.gif

IMG_8261.gif

IMG_8280-1.gif

My exhaust and carbon front splitter came to day, so thought it would be rude not to fit it.
The old one was well ready, looks like it had be blowing too, think it was the original one.

The ktec system went straight on problems at all. It sounds mad, louder than i thought, it pops and bangs like a complete b*st*rd lol
I will get a vid so you guys can hear her

a few pics i took through the day

996a5f3a.gif

ad1aa20d.gif

c6bd40a6.gif

ee4b898d.gif

Got the old one off
aee60276.gif

90955db0.gif

Old tired mounts vs new solid mounts
d813a88b.gif

93aaf33d.gif

Thought i would pick me digi cam up and snap a few pics while the sun was still out
IMG_8308.gif

IMG_8309.gif

IMG_8310.gif

IMG_8361.gif

IMG_8341.gif

IMG_8362.gif

IMG_8356.gif

Yesterday while having a little spare time i thought id fit my braided lines,

a dam sight easier than cars ive done in the past.

I adjusted my exhaust as it was slight to one side, but got to do it again as while on my way home (slighty spirited drive home) its moved again lol

Im going up underseal it next week too

d012ceb4.gif

17d445ef.gif

a9ffe740.gif

340i
Looking good mate!

Sounds like you have some interesting plans for it!

I would avoid the Gaz coilovers though... They are a terrible ride and bad build quality.

Ph1 172 On ITB
Looking good mate!

Sounds like you have some interesting plans for it!

I would avoid the Gaz coilovers though... They are a terrible ride and bad build quality.

Thanks buddy, im realy happy with it so far, thanks for talking to are dan about me temp issue etc, im going to sort out a new thermostat and sensor this week and sort it out.

I like the gaz stuff, my mates r5 is running gaz coilovers and yeh its alittle harsh but for quality, so far they seems spot on, imo

As for harsh ride, im not overly worried as im use to it as my ctr has Tein coilovers with pilowball top mounts and that was mega harsh

Hey guys, this is my clio, i thought it was about time i used my account, I have also paid for the membership too :D

Seeing as it been a sunny day for a change, i gave the cup a good clean and snapped some pics.

going to be painting a few bits over next week, should be fun.

A few HDR pics

P1030188_HDR.gif

P1030184_HDR.gif

P1030210_HDR.gif

P1030208_HDR.gif

P1030218_HDR.gif

P1030185_HDR.gif

P1030247_HDR.gif

Titanium 182
Nice ! I have the exhaust too and the cf splitter on my inferno ! Looks almost identical except mine's got anthracite turinis.

I wanted those exhaust mount but £80 ?!? You can get standard ones off ebay for like £7 each and just pack them.

What's with the reversing sensors ?

Nice ! I have the exhaust too and the cf splitter on my inferno ! Looks almost identical except mine's got anthracite turinis.

I wanted those exhaust mount but £80 ?!? You can get standard ones off ebay for like £7 each and just pack them.

What's with the reversing sensors ?

haha twins

Prima arent far from me, so i thought, why not,

The sensor freaked me out alittle when i went and looked at it, but i dont mind them

like the reverse sensors - very subtle

looks cracking, although I don't like the pressed plates

Im not a fan of the plates if im honest, they were on the car when i got it, they are coming off as soon as i get chance, im going to put some plates from demonplates, had them on other cars and look spot on imo

Looks well looked after mate, Good to see another Inferno owner :D

Jay

Cheers buddy, yeah it's in good condition really. Going to whole front end resprayed to sort out a few stone chips.

Got a shopping list as long as my arm but I'll work my way down it.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Im the same, just unfortunatley the list grows faster than it reduces lol :)

Does look like a good base to start though, what tracks the rear sticker from ?

Im the same, just unfortunatley the list grows faster than it reduces lol :)

Does look like a good base to start though, what tracks the rear sticker from ?

Doesn't it just, but part of the fun is seeing it process and build into the beast you want.

It's rockingham track

I love the colour, looks great in the sun and it's a great base to start from and build on to.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Mate. Either photobucket are raping the quality of your images or your cameras fuzzy. Try using a different image host like flickr, its much better anyways.

Anyways, car looks lovely. Really does!!

Sam!

Mate. Either photobucket are raping the quality of your images or your cameras fuzzy. Try using a different image host like flickr, its much better anyways.

Anyways, car looks lovely. Really does!!

Sam!

I think it's photobucket tweaking the image quality, I run all my pics through a jpeg resizer due to them being taken on a dslr and file size being stupidly massive. They have also been tweaked into HDR format which will change the image slighty.
I'm happy with the quality thou, other wise I wouldn't have posted them up in the first place.

Since my last update ive been busy on the cup,

A couple of weeks ago I started thinking the interior needed alittle colour bring in and thought id also paint my inlet too.

I know the guys who i get my paint off and got talking to them as im wanting a funky black that looks as good as the orange in the sun, they mixed up a custom mix and it looks mint the sun, anyway as they made it they gave me that for free which wasnt to bad.

Ive painted the dash strip, the speaker grills and gear knob top, then the silver bullets on the door strips have gone in that funky black.
Ive also painted the fuse box cover under bonnet, im going to also paint my inlet orange to but thats a weekend job

heres a few pics
31303257.gif

e9c9d622.gif

ee418c83.gif

80bed475.gif

0e31b2c9.gif

9c5a16fc.gif

b3a83147.gif

0cef6e21.gif

c900d092.gif

34433a1b.gif

997bbbcb.gif

0eff3f2c.gif

072c0a91.gif

18f5108e.gif

91fd047f.gif

Last edited:
Last week I ordered a tow hook off ebay and that arrived so that was a quick fit.

17709d72.gif

a97abc49.gif

aca33425.gif

I then got on the net and ordered a set of uprated engine mounts, they looked like a good bit of kit and will stop all engine movement.
IMG_8646.gif

IMG_8654.gif

IMG_8656.gif

Old engine mount and cover
c29ad639.gif

New uprated engine mount and black cover
3221aadb.gif

Old dog leg mount
c13ec75c.gif

Old inserts pressed out,
c2f4cb45.gif

New Powerflex inserts fitted
63a691a2.gif

Mount refitted
9c8d15b6.jpg

Yesterday my coilovers arrived so cracked on and fitted them, im happy with the ride height, and before anyone says, yes i could go lower on the front, but im happy.
Its booked in friday for camber and tracking to be sorted.
My domed number plates from demonplates arrived today as well, so fitted thou, but in the pics they arent on.
Once id done fitting the coilies i thought id give her a quick clean and snap a few pics,

IMG_8798.gif

IMG_8790.gif

IMG_8783.gif

IMG_8777.gif

IMG_8775.gif

IMG_8761.gif

IMG_8745.gif

IMG_8736.gif

IMG_8718.gif

Looks great mate, you got anymore plans for it ?

Thanks buddy,

ive got a omp front strutbrace coming, also ordering some drilled and grooved front discs and uprated pads so they match my rears fitted by previous owner.

Ive semi stripped the rear out, just rear seats and parcel shelf, going to paint the floor same colour as car which will make it look loads better.

Got my eye on some bucket seats, harnesses and rear cage,

On the power front, im going for throttle bodies, with cams

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks really nice, Inferno looks great when its clean in the sun the flake really pops!

Fiesta ST3
hey mate, did you fit the new engine mounts yourself? If so, how easy / difficult was the job? I think mine need doing..

hey mate, did you fit the new engine mounts yourself? If so, how easy / difficult was the job? I think mine need doing..

yeah i fitted the engine mounts, the top drivers side mount is easy, just support the engine from underneath, the dog leg mount comes of easy, have to give the old mounts alittle belt to get them out, but they will come out. The gearbox mount isnt really hard, take battery out, then you can see the original reno mount, undo those, then swap mounts over, i supported the gearbox but had to drop the support slighty when trying to get the new mount in, did that and it went ok.
They really firm up the engine and remove any movement, some funky vibrations through the steering wheel and gearstick,

Looking good mate... you going down the same route as Danny with cams and ITB's ;)

Cheer buddy, its gettin there slowly,

Yeah im thinking about, have looked into the jms rs2 inlet too,
Either way, that or bodies with cams and ill be happy.

Looking forward to how are Dans feels after cams,

While we are up at RS Tuning im thinking about putting mine on rollers and seeing where shes at now, plus my mate with his 172 wants to aswel

arctic 182 ff
cracking progress with this,did you get the car from peterlee ?? i nearly had this car a couple month back.

RB182CUP-FF

ClioSport Club Member
  2118's RB 182 CUP
hi mate how you finding the new exhaust mounts as seen some1 else with them and his are like melting through?
cheers lee

cracking progress with this,did you get the car from peterlee ?? i nearly had this car a couple month back.

I believe it came from that way. I did a deal with a guy who had my CTR off me.

hi mate how you finding the new exhaust mounts as seen some1 else with them and his are like melting through?
cheers lee

Hi buddy,

Mine are spot on, they look the same as they did when i bought them, im surprised hes melted his, they arent really close enough to get that hot really.

RB182CUP-FF

ClioSport Club Member
  2118's RB 182 CUP
I believe it came from that way. I did a deal with a guy who had my CTR off me.

Hi buddy,

Mine are spot on, they look the same as they did when i bought them, im surprised hes melted his, they arent really close enough to get that hot really.
either there melted or worn really quick. thinking of getting some my self. as mine are on there last legs lol
lee

Mini ish update,

As my mates R5 GT is off the road at the moment, i thought id steal his Team Dynamic for a week or two, just to see how it looks etc,
Ive had them on for just over a week and im really happy with them, so much so im going to order me a set in the next week or 2, just got to work out what tyres to go for.
When i bought the car is had drilled and grooved rear discs but had just had a set of brand standard front discs and pads and it bugged me them not matching.
So i ordered some drilled and grooved for front, along with some DS2500 pads and thought id flush out and renew the brake fluid while i was there.

Ive also since the update ive mapped it with a RS Tuner and its really impressed me, i didnt think id notice loads of difference but i could'nt be more wrong.

My plans for the rest of the year are to get all powerflex bushes on front along with new ball joints and track rod ends and some solid top mounds, a whiteline rarb, then im going for a JMS RS2 inlet and mapped up.

A few pics i took over the lasy week or so.

These babies should help stop her
e1ad0fdd.gif

Going to flush out the old brake fluid and put some uprated in there
f9d7b0d9.gif

New front discs
bfe004c2.gif

With my mates TD Pro 1.2s fitted,
7187bf9c.gif

ac11609b.gif

c0919450.gif

Meg 225
Really great looking car! What engine mounts are the ones you put on? And are the vibrations gone once you covered a few miles with them?

Really great looking car! What engine mounts are the ones you put on? And are the vibrations gone once you covered a few miles with them?

Cheers buddy,

The mounts are ktec/vibra technics mounts, ive still got vibrations of them, but kinda knew i would due to the being uprated stiff mounts. I wouldnt say the vibrations are mega bad or anything, just give a nice solid feeling.