ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INDUCTION KIT DISASTER?! HELP!!

Trophy Rep
Okay so I went and bought a k&n for my 1.2 16v
it doesn't fit I don't think, the air filters rectangle and the k&n
is circle pipes but I see no pipe?!

Trophy Rep
edwarddurrant

Golf GTD Mk7
you're not making a right lot of sense mate. If the original filter doesn't match the K&n, it won't fit. If it's a cone type, it will probably need an adapter as Gray said. Put pics up of the one you have and the current setup, and we'll tell you whats missing.

Trophy Rep
what i meant by sound reduction is, basically induction kit makes a lot of noise which i like that aspect of it, but if the adaptor shuts off that noise because its not direct into the throttle body like most k&ns would be would the sound be reduced at all?

anyone selling any adaptors?

What model K&N is it? If its a cone filter one sounds like you have a panel filter which isnt going to fit. Bit hard to make out from the discription.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you have bought the wrong one i take it your car is a 53 plate or earlier?

you have bought an induction kit for a 2004 > engine

as said, buy an adaptor plate, induction kits dont make much noise on the pre 04 engines.