ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immoboliser

RS200 & PH2 172
Has anyone heard of an immoboliser thats hidden in a credit card? Got a customer with a RS6 who says he has a immoboliser card that looks like a credit card, so if they break into house and get keys they can't drive off? Is he talking rubbish or is it available?

RS200 & PH2 172
Lol I ain't had a car worth stealing since 2005, other than if someone want a car to do a banger rally in. Just thinking of putting something on to stop the 200 disappearing in first few weeks. Anybody with any suggestions would be grateful to hear them :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Has anyone heard of an immoboliser thats hidden in a credit card? Got a customer with a RS6 who says he has a immoboliser card that looks like a credit card, so if they break into house and get keys they can't drive off? Is he talking rubbish or is it available?

Then as they went to those lengths to get the keys (and if they mean business) they'll just re-enter his house and beat the living piss out of him/wife/kids until he tells them how it starts! A good friend lost his Evo VI this way and its just not worth it IMO.

The 200's have very good factory security but if you really wanted to do something else you could wire a cheap kill switch that cuts the CPS signal wire... it would just sit there spinning over until the switch was flipped.

Mick

RS200 & PH2 172
A friend recently had a 02 plate Civic stolen, they broke into his house and first he knew of it was a knife to his throat as he woke up, thats kinda put a bit of fear into me that someone might do the same to me, still half of me says just leave keys where they will walk past them before getting to me but not where they can look through a window and see them, i'm slightly stupid not totally thick lol..... other half of me says why should you make it easy for them,