ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Problem?

Hi everyone,

Right so my car has been off the road for about 2 weeks, so after trying to jump start it, it would only try and turn over then cut out.

So I bought a car charger that plugs into the wall and left it on overnight on slow charge, tried it this morning and still nothing :(

I had to dissconnect the battery in the first week to take out my airbag ecu. As soon as I got it out and Dreads told me to turn the car on without the ECU to see if it clears the airbag light problem. So I re-connected the battery and it turned on straight away as normal.

So giving that backstory of the battery being reconnected then left for about a week and a half/ 2 weeks would this enable the immobiliser?

When I try and turn the car on the immobiliser light doesn't go on but as soon as it cuts out, that red light turns on and stays on. No flashing/pulsing, just consistantly on.

I really don't want to be buying a new battery after I just bought a battery charger.

Volvo S60 T5
sounds like a wiring fault to me, check engine fuse box are for corrosion and loom going to ecu over top of gearbox, you may have had a crappy wire thats given up the ghost once disturbed.