ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobaliser HELP

Mk2 172 Cup
unplugged my imobaliser collar
plugged it back in and now my car wont start
it turns over but doesnt fire up
my imoblaiser light still flashes and another light flashes
like a box with a jagged line through it

WHAT DO I DO?

ClioSport182
my mates got a 02 172 , sometimes it fires first time but sometimes it can be a real pain to disable the imobaliser. the lght just flashes sometimes ?? any help would be very much apreciated cheers!

iceberg 172
mine was doing this i reset all the code found and cleaned the barrel surround and ring. touch wood hasnt done it since.

iceberg 172
check the battery terminals and while there disconnect the battery for half an hour. you tried a spare key?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
there's quite a few posts on here about dying and dead immobilisers, apparently you can change the decoder ring, but sometimes the key deteriorates (like on mine) and a new key is your only option. and costs 175 quid. bad times.

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
take it off and then reconnect it to battery and then press the fob button this should reset the alarm :) thanks

take it off and then reconnect it to battery and then press the fob button this should reset the alarm :) thanks

basically on your battery take off the red wire which is the (+) positive and leave it for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and press the fob key once you can unlock the door and lock this means your alarm system is okay and car should start thanks.

Clio 172
Mine used to do this, then it stopped starting all together. I needed a new key from Renault. cost me about £185 a year ago.

RenaultSport 172
This was happening to my 172 basically the ring around the ignition barrel isn't recognising the key and therefor not allowing the immobiliser to disarm.

Basically you have 2 options

1. call an auto electrition, have him to remove the immobiliser. This is what I did and it cost me £250.

2. go to renault have a new key, new decoder ring etc etc. I think this will prob be about the same price.

:)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
So if im right the decoder ring doesnt let the immobilisier disarm causing the engine not to spark?

RenaultSport 172
Correct, Apparently if you know some one else with a clio you can swap decoder rings and see if that is at fault? But I never tried that.

It's very annoying most times it would start 1st time then other times the battery would be dieing before starting.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
But if you swap decoder ring how will that work, as the signal from the key is registerd with the ECU/UCH/Decoder ring right?

i have a 1.2 decoder ring in the car, so if you say whats true, then if i switch the 1.2 with the sport then it should make my car start hmm

iceberg 172
But if you swap decoder ring how will that work, as the signal from the key is registerd with the ECU/UCH/Decoder ring right?

i have a 1.2 decoder ring in the car, so if you say whats true, then if i switch the 1.2 with the sport then it should make my car start hmm

if you have done a engine swap then you should of changed all engine and dash wiring including clocks/ecu/uch and and have the key that came with them.

Megane dci 130
The imobiliser ring is merely a reciever that picks up the signal and passes it to the decoder. In your case the UCH/BIC unit. So rings can be transfered.

Mk2 172 Cup
tryed replacing the ring,no joy
somebody told me by turning the ignition on with the clocks out that can do dammage
anybody herd of this before?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ no thats false, how could it damage if they only display.

Iv been to see the mechanic yesturday and had a really good chat with him about everything that might cause a car not to spark, and we narrowed it down to the Key.

As the key is registered with your VIN number, the decoder ring wont affect it we tested this with a brand new one he had ready to fit to another clio and nothing.

He told me try the cheap way (£49) first, Get the VIN number and contact slaters in chester, they can then order a new key directly from France with the VIN registered onit. £49 is a key withouth the unlock button so just basic key. and see if that works.

So you could try that cliodan92 .. im certanly going to try is as its been 3month now with no clio..

Clio Maxim 1.4
When I took the ECU out one of the connectors wasn't making contact with the board... We soldered it so it was making a connection, but still doesn't work :-(

Really could do with removing the immobiliser also... :-(

Difficult to look past Renault really, but then they have you over a barrell! :-(

Clio Maxim 1.4
Cheers James... Any idea of the amount of work?? Not sure about £250!! although it's better than throwing the car away...