ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignis number 2

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Brilliant mate! Makes me wish I bronzed up my wheels :(

About time you dropped it, as good as you can remember?

Swift Sport
Brilliant mate! Makes me wish I bronzed up my wheels :(

About time you dropped it, as good as you can remember?

Better mate, well comfier at least lol.

I've yet to try them on the hard setting but so far I'm really pleased :)

It looks like it's going to the 'Ring after all as my mates car that we're meant to go in has just blown up!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Better mate, well comfier at least lol.

I've yet to try them on the hard setting but so far I'm really pleased :)

It looks like it's going to the 'Ring after all as my mates car that we're meant to go in has just blown up!

not what I wanted to hear! What coilovers are they? GHAs?

You'll enjoy it. Will still feel at home!

Swift Sport
not what I wanted to hear! What coilovers are they? GHAs?

You'll enjoy it. Will still feel at home!

Yeah they're GHA's. I've heard terrible things about Gaz coilovers and low Ignis's but to be honest they're not much different from the standard ride. The ride is a little fussier on rough roads but less crashy, so I'm pretty happy :)

Swift Sport
I really miss mine in that drive-it-absolutely-flat-out-in-each-and-every-gear-all-the-time-while-loving-the-induction-noise-it-makes kind of way.

Sniff.

Haha!

I drove to Donington and back in the MX-5, and when I got home I went out in the Ignis. I have to admit that the Ignis is definitely the most fun of the two, regardless of the Mazda being RWD.

I really miss mine in that drive-it-absolutely-flat-out-in-each-and-every-gear-all-the-time-while-loving-the-induction-noise-it-makes kind of way.

Sniff.

Mine used to have a lovely overrun crackle at low speeds (particularly slowing for the speed bumps at work) on the standard exhaust, so childish yet so addictive!

Swift Sport
Time for an update...

Basically I couldn't get on with the coilovers, and with the car being my daily I decided to take them off again.

14426948466_5750fb9d1e.jpg

The Gaz coilovers appeared to improve nothing more than the way the car looked, and if anything it drives better without them. I was ready to sell it and get something else, but things aren't looking great at work again so I'm going to hold onto it for now.

Found a rival to park next to at work...

14449025872_406c078dfd.jpg

Swift Sport
Small update...

I've been far too busy enjoying the Ignis lately to do anything to it, even though I'm always looking on AutoTrader for something to change it for. I did buy some decals but they're a bit bigger than I wanted, so I might remove them. These are also my first HDR photos and I quite like them, although I need a cable shutter as they're not very sharp!

14461376990_d6cd89007f_z.jpg

14461638167_3701ac0253_z.jpg

14461382910_c50cbf3821_z.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Compared to "real" cars, 5's are rattly clangers though, really.

Although the old 172 was definitely worse.

Swift Sport
Compared to "real" cars, 5's are rattly clangers though, really.

Although the old 172 was definitely worse.

It's no Maybach, but my 72yr old dad thinks it's plenty comfy enough lol.

I'm tempted to compete next year at my local sprint track, and the Ignis would be ideal apart from the fact that it would fall into the wrong class for its engine size... So I might end up with another Clio after all!

Suzuki Swift Sport
It's no Maybach, but my 72yr old dad thinks it's plenty comfy enough lol.

I'm tempted to compete next year at my local sprint track, and the Ignis would be ideal apart from the fact that it would fall into the wrong class for its engine size... So I might end up with another Clio after all!

You sure you don't fancy a Swift Sport? I know of a nice one that might be for sale ;)

Swift Sport
You sure you don't fancy a Swift Sport? I know of a nice one that might be for sale ;)

Very tempted, but if I do choose to compete I'd be up against 172/182's and I wouldn't stand much of a chance. Feel free to pm me a price though matey :)

Swift Sport
So here's a little update...
The silver Ignis had already done Bedford, Oulton and several runs at Curborough this year, so I decided to give it a go at Donington Park for my birthday. I decided not to opt for track tyres and being tight went for some Hankooks instead (which I later regretted!). Then right at the last minute decided to order these too...
15750729036_6825f77202.jpg

@not normal dan fitted them in the pouring rain, and I mean pouring... It was like a monsoon!
15774489345_353e1b0115.jpg

Massive thanks to Dan, top bloke!
Strangely, the Eibach springs seemed to raise the suspension up even higher :neutral: but body roll had reduced whilst retaining comfort, which is what I was hoping for :smile: So off to Donington I headed, with absolutely no spares or tools as per usual! Met up with @MicKPM @2Damnsly Andy @stokie4ker @daveski @not normal dan @cswalmsley @Tony Hunter @Feirny and many more who I didn't get chance to speak to (sorry!) and set off out for some laps :smiley:
15774487935_a2feaf04dd.jpg

The Ignis was faultless once again and was completely hilarious with constant tyre squeal the whole time, which this video shows...

My only real concern (other than being down on power) was the massive amount of understeer, which I'm hoping to counteract with these...
15588606829_8fc9511b1a.jpg

So hopefully it'll behave better once these are on!

Megane r26
So here's a little update...
The silver Ignis had already done Bedford, Oulton and several runs at Curborough this year, so I decided to give it a go at Donington Park for my birthday. I decided not to opt for track tyres and being tight went for some Hankooks instead (which I later regretted!). Then right at the last minute decided to order these too...
15750729036_6825f77202.jpg

@not normal dan fitted them in the pouring rain, and I mean pouring... It was like a monsoon!
15774489345_353e1b0115.jpg

Massive thanks to Dan, top bloke!
Strangely, the Eibach springs seemed to raise the suspension up even higher :neutral: but body roll had reduced whilst retaining comfort, which is what I was hoping for :smile: So off to Donington I headed, with absolutely no spares or tools as per usual! Met up with @MicKPM @2Damnsly Andy @stokie4ker @daveski @not normal dan @cswalmsley @Tony Hunter @Feirny and many more who I didn't get chance to speak to (sorry!) and set off out for some laps :smiley:
15774487935_a2feaf04dd.jpg

The Ignis was faultless once again and was completely hilarious with constant tyre squeal the whole time, which this video shows...

My only real concern (other than being down on power) was the massive amount of understeer, which I'm hoping to counteract with these...
15588606829_8fc9511b1a.jpg

So hopefully it'll behave better once these are on!

No worries Steve anytime, as I said I think the reason in small increase in ride height is down to the fact the old springs were 10 years old so had sagged a little

We'll get them bolts in and dial some camber in and get the tracking sorted, maybe a little toe out ;) and see how she goes

Swift Sport
Nice. It did sound like it was keen to push wide on the way in every time!
I was deliberately trying to flick the back end out, which you can see in the chicane before the straight. Hopefully it'll be sorted with the camber bolts :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Really like this. I also like the fact it probably feels like it's going really quick because your foots on the floor, but in a controlled/fun manner, if you know what I mean