ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If i buy lowering springs...

3 Series touring
Depends really on how low you go, lots of people go for 35-45 mm lowering springs and have no problems on standard shocks and dampers. If you want to go lower there's still plenty of people that have used standard shocks but if it were me I'd get a kit that has new ones in.

If you're thinking serious lowz y0 then the only way to do that is a set of coilovers although these are pretty pricey.

Depends really on how low you go, lots of people go for 35-45 mm lowering springs and have no problems on standard shocks and dampers. If you want to go lower there's still plenty of people that have used standard shocks but if it were me I'd get a kit that has new ones in.

If you're thinking serious lowz y0 then the only way to do that is a set of coilovers although these are pretty pricey.

cheers mate, if i was going to get some i would get 35mm ones, had mot today and spring has snapped at the bottom so i thought it would be a good time to get some lowering springs.

are apex a good brand ?

Clio mk3
cheers mate, if i was going to get some i would get 35mm ones, had mot today and spring has snapped at the bottom so i thought it would be a good time to get some lowering springs.

are apex a good brand ?

Go for at least 40mm,35mm is hardly noticeable. I've got 40mm on standard shocks with no problem at all. Anything lower than 50mm is advised to get updated shocks. Here's a picture of how mine sits
gehe4eqa.jpg