ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
Well the car went on its first test Yesterday at Donnington, not the best of days as it was very chilly and damp with fog. We did not get on the track till gone 12 and suffice it to say I was VERY nervous.The car performed great, better than great to be honest. One small problem was that the front spacers bolts came loose on the left side. Looks like the bolt does not match the spacer and so only bites on part of it. These will have to be machined. Oil pressure is low on idle and we disconnected the ARB. I actually spun it twice. Once was down to cold tires and my lack of experience and the second was me lifting off half way round a corner because of traffic and my general lack of front wheel drive experience (lift off oversteer) again. learnt a lot :)The new switch panel looks awesome in ally :) Figures so far arebhp = 192At wheels = 168This puts me right at the top of class B for TDT which is perfect.

Lotus Elise
The first test is always a big day, glad you came away with no bumps or scratches. Did you get any pictures?

Sounds really good and sounds like it went really smooth for a first day. Pictures of the completed car would be great and would be good to see how you have done the switch panels :) When are you next planning on testing it? I bet your happy to see all your hard work finally come together and get to drive the thing!

182cup & 172 racecar
I said you will have to let me know if you were def going,as you were not sure.

Anyway,glad it went alright,we did voice our concerns about the ARB combined with those springs though.

Let me know next time,or else.

Strange one about the spacer bolts.

BMW Z4
Hi Guys

Here goes on the pics. I was that excited i didnt take as many as i hoped too. Switch panel ones to follow

sideview.jpg

rearview.jpg

rearside.jpg

rearquarter.jpg

inthequeue.jpg

me.jpg

ontrack.jpg

ontrack2.jpg

A short vid of the car on the dyno at NMS

http://www.youtube.com/user/nmsltd

Mark.

BMW Z4
I said you will have to let me know if you were def going,as you were not sure.

Anyway,glad it went alright,we did voice our concerns about the ARB combined with those springs though.

Let me know next time,or else.

Strange one about the spacer bolts.

Ah bummer :( Yes backend was quite light, very odd on the spacers as they were very tight and checked too. I guess these things happen all the time so you just check everything. I am so pleased it just ran though with no issues and we all went away with no bumps too. A good maiden outing.

Next track day will be once I get confirmation of TDT and then I will plan it around the first track of next year with some test days etc and post it here and PM you too that we are defo going :). I do not want to go racing with out having practiced on the track first.

Mark.

BMW Z4
Just looked at those pics again and cant believe I finally got it finished and out on the track :)

Chrispy drove it and had a massive smile on his face :) I even let him have the last drive of the day. He deserved it as without his hard work and help it would not have been finsihed this year. Funny though as my clear instructions on his first outing were, take it steady and do 2 or 3 sighters. Ten laps flat out later LOL ah the exhuberance of youth eh :)

BMW Z4
Yeh they certainly have some cars down there!!!! Got a great setup and very friendly crew too. They all turned up to help me on Sunday, it was great.

182cup & 172 racecar
It's exciting isn't it,when it's all together and actually goes,remember it well.

The bonnet doesn't look too bad.

182 trackday racer
Happy to see you out on track :)

Are front spacers 25mm? Rim ET45 and 205 tyres and it goes clear of the arces?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Pics look amazing mate. Car is a credit to you and glad you didn't prang it on it's maiden voyage.

Love this car!

Schma Schme 1.6l
glad it all went well, any maiden voyage that results in a car be driven back onto its transporter is nothing but a fantastic result.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Glad to see the car out on track. How does the gear linkage conversion kit perform?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Great to see it out on track. :approve:

Makes me want 'ours' out of hibernation and done even more....:rolleyes:

BMW Z4
Hi Guys

Here are some very nice pics of the excellent work that Northampton Motorsport have done. I cannot recommend them highly enough, why?

1. They always answer the phone and ring you back unlike Custom cages and others who did totally the opposite
2. They always make time for me and my endless questions
3. They supported me and are genuinly interested in the car
4. They have a great neat and tidy workshop
5. They know their stuff inside out
6. They are the best dyno guys I have come across by far!

So to the pics :)

boxofWiring.jpg

Wiring.jpg

Wiring2.jpg

Wiring3.jpg

Engineloom.jpg

Engineloom2.jpg

Engineloom3.jpg

dashfitted.jpg

grubbyhands.jpg

rainlight.jpg

rainlight2.jpg

dashpanel.jpg

dashfitted.jpg

DataloggerandVideo.jpg

DataloggerandVideo2.jpg

madelectrician.jpg

stalks.jpg

switchconsole.jpg

switchconsole2.jpg

switchconsole3.jpg

switchconsole4.jpg

switchpanel.jpg

switchpanel2.jpg

switchpanel3.jpg

switchpanel4.jpg

switchpanel5.jpg

switchpanel6.jpg

Mark

Last edited:
Looks awesome Mark you have done a great job of it all and NM look they have done a sweet job on the wiring with great attention to detail and so neat! Have you kept the UCH out of interest?

Edit: PS what is the dash top? Cut down ph1? :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Ph2
Does the switch panel need to be that extravagant?. I can appreciate the skill involved but does look like a lot of work for a few switches?
Whole car looks finished to such a high standard! Awesome work from all.

BMW Z4
Does the switch panel need to be that extravagant?. I can appreciate the skill involved but does look like a lot of work for a few switches?
Whole car looks finished to such a high standard! Awesome work from all.

Just two words for you chap

Without Wax

:)

BMW Z4
Looks awesome Mark you have done a great job of it all and NM look they have done a sweet job on the wiring with great attention to detail and so neat! Have you kept the UCH out of interest?

Edit: PS what is the dash top? Cut down ph1? :)

Yes cut down MK1 dash top. What's a UCH?

172 Race Car
Its the Fuse box/Body control usnit. Judging by the realy and fuse panels on the floor id guess they sacked it off