ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ibiza with a Lens

I've pretty much stopped photography for some time now, no particular reason, just not been interested for ages. Sold pretty much everything but kept hold of my Sigma 20mm 1.8, booked a last minute trip to Ibiza two weeks ago, so I thought I may as well take that and the D90 along for the ride...all sunsets as the days were spent chilling by the pool/beach etc.

The view from our hotel in Portinatx, second only to New York as my favourite place in the world...
616850618_V7fXz-L.jpg

3 days in, the bush fires start. Bit scary as it was 2 miles from our hotel. Incredible to watch though, helicopters and planes dropping water on it for 2 days solid...
616855104_7y9bM-L.jpg

The other half messing around on the rocks...
616857775_eCmWM-L.jpg

616858514_t9Evq-L.jpg

616860233_WyY5K-L.jpg

Trying to get something a little abstract for a big lounge canvas we want...
616860980_QoiGP-L.jpg

616862665_mvFqw-L.jpg

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Love them! Fantastic colours.

This makes me want to go so badly I cannot tell you. Off topic and I'm sorry but......what was your hotel?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Nice set, make me green with envy!
1 coz I can't take such great photos and
2 coz I'm not in Ibiza!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good to see I'm not the only one checking to see if you are online every day lol, was getting concrened. Can't believe you've sold the majority of your equipment, but I can understand. Hope you get back into it in the future as you've inspired a lot of people to get out with their cameras, myself included.

All that aside, some great shots Chris - had a quick look at them while at my dad's work today and can't believe the difference between my laptop and that monitor (they all looked like total blackout silhouettes at work).

A lovely set Chris, although a shame to hear that you lost some interest and sold quite a bit of your kit as you've got a great eye for a good photo and great technical ability too. Specifically on the photos above, I really like the variety and tones of the sky colours in the various evening / night / dusk photos.

This makes me want to go so badly I cannot tell you. Off topic and I'm sorry but......what was your hotel?

Hotel Presidente...VERY family orientated, but imo the best hotel in what is an incredibly small resort, so it's the one we go back to (3rd time), awesome setup there though, 25 permanent reps on site (2 football coaches, 3 swimming coaches etc), the majority of families we speak to go back every year.

Can't believe you've sold the majority of your equipment, but I can understand.

Sold it to raise funds for my new car, assumed I would buy it all again after, but I just haven't had the interest. Not really a conscious decision, it was only when editing these pics that I realised I haven't taken any for months. I've always only ever done it because I love it, so to force myself to carry on during this 'dry spell' would defeat the object a bit.

Unfortunately my 120-300 2.8 seems a bit mullered as well, so even motorsport togging is out for a while. Needs a service, which as it's a pro lens costs a couple of hundred, ouch.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I really live Portinatx....it's come down to either there or Crete. And tbh I'm leaning towards Presidente.

What were the rooms like? Anything you can recommend about Portinatx? Me and Olly don't mind a family hotel, as long as it's chilled. We'll be down the beach most days anyway I reckon. To me, Portinatx shows off the best of the island :)

Your photos have captured it brilliantly. More!!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Your good.

We saw some fires literally on our last day there. I was staying near Santa Eulalia :)

What were the rooms like? Anything you can recommend about Portinatx? Me and Olly don't mind a family hotel, as long as it's chilled. We'll be down the beach most days anyway I reckon. To me, Portinatx shows off the best of the island :)

Rooms are pretty basic, beds, sofa, nice big bathroom, TV, balcony etc, about what I would expect from a summer holiday hotel really. Very very clean, they don't do shortcuts when it comes to staffing at the hotel, and that includes the maids. We did stay in Club Hotel Portinatx a few years back (up at the top left of the resort), also really nice but I understand it's more German-centric now.

We went in the holidays (missus is a teacher) so it was at full capacity and packed with kids, but it didn't bother us really. Would love to know what it would be like outside the school holidays, I imagine it would be really nice as the whole resort was quiet enough at peak time.

We go to the smaller beach to the left of the hotel, bought a couple of snorkels and spent hours exploring the rocks underwater, wish I could take underwater pics as it really felt like we were in the caribbean or something, loads of amazing fish swimming alongside us (and nipping our feet!) etc. Despite being a tiny beach we could pop down at 2pm or whatever and still find plenty of space.

A few more piccies...

My favourite spot, spent 2hrs here and didn't see a single person, that natural 'bridge' will give way one day, probably when we're stood on it!

617741661_MhASp-L.jpg

617741975_AsYZK-L.jpg

617742579_iPADh-L.jpg

617742206_xPyVE-L.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Excellent compostition in the third one mate.

Lovely set of shots Chris.

Awesome pics chris!!

As some others on here I wish I had the talent of taking pics like yourself!!

Can't believe you've sold most your kit...! If you ever want to sell the sigma let me know ;)

Absolutely fantastic pics. Surprised that you had even thought about giving up. like everyone else we all owe so much to you for firing us up with enthusiasm. I know that I do not have your talent for taking the perfect picture, but I still strive to gain some credit for any I've taken. Your praise for my pic of the Silk Cut Jag at Beaulieu made me go out and buy an SLR. You really have been an inspiration to a lot of people and your guides are far better than any books I have read on DSLR photography. I hope you get your mojo back soon.

Awesome pics chris!!

As some others on here I wish I had the talent of taking pics like yourself!!

Can't believe you've sold most your kit...! If you ever want to sell the sigma let me know ;)

It's on eBay now ;)

Currently booking/planning a trip around the US next summer so freeing up some funds. Going to rent equipment for the trip after my good experience with lensforhire when I had my Paris assignment last year.

Amazing photos, actually speechless!
I have been to Portinax, it's a nice place. Lacked most things when i went tho!