ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ibiza through a Pen

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Balls, im tempted to sell my D90 for this!! Looks alot easier to carry around. Ive just seen this on TP.

Last edited:
Great to hear ukaskew! where did you sell most of your kit in the end, eBay, forums?

I got the best prices by eBaying stuff (no reserve, no starting price), a bit risky but worked out ok. Even after fees I made a profit on quite a bit of my stuff (as it was second-hand to begin with), the 70-200 2.8 VR made £100 profit, and even the D90 (which I bought new) only went for £150 less than I paid for it, not bad considering I had it for 3 years and took around 80,000 shots on it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Think I need to give one of these a try in a shop or something.

Whilst I like the idea of using one for ice/roller hockey, in reality it's not going to be very often :p

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm £450 for a GF3 with the 14-42mm and 14mm 2.5 when you include the £50 cashback offer (plus a copy of lightroom), is very tempting.

Maybe then worth selling the 14mm to get some cash towards a 20mm as the 20mm seems to be a very good lens to have on these.

ibiza cupra
i hate you, just when i was starting to get over my misery of having to come back from ibiza, i see them pics (which are great btw lol)
cheers :(

Still spending my Nikon money (taken with the 14mm 2.5, which also arrived today!)...

Samyang 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye (right)
i-ZsP34JJ-M.jpg

I'm guessing at some point I'm going to stop being amazed at how small each lens that arrives is. The Samyang that arrived today is built like a tank but is so teeny. It cost half the price of the Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye I used to have yet apparently is one of the best Fisheyes on the market full stop.

Cracking, might be hard to resist this @ its current price, much cheaper than anything wide currently on offer! Should wait for my 20mm to turn up first though, damn lack of supply! They are selling for more than new second hand at the moment!

GF-3_20mm.jpg

Impressed!!! Fired off some f/1.7 ISO 1600 frames last night of random crap, so far so good, the focal length is perfect. The camera is a little fiddly and I wish exposure preview was easier to access but that's my only gripe so far.

Picking focus points with the touch screen is also very cool once you get used to it and having never shot HD video before, epic! Should compliment footage from my GoPro HD nicely!

Last edited:
and having never shot HD video before, epic!

HD video video on a DSLR vs. HD video on a M4/3 is like two completely diffrerent worlds. The video on my D90 was nice, but live view + rubbish focusing meant I never used it. The HD video on a M4/3 mirrorless camera is by definition bordering on professional quality...it's also very easy to use.

I highly recommend a nosey around Vimeo to see what's capable with nothing more than natural light with these cameras.