ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love everything about my Trophy except....

Trophy, Audi TT,
The heavy clutch.... Spoils the car in my opinion..

It really is heavy. I have tried a couple of others and they are the same.

Is there any fix for this?

Wil a new cable help?

Anyone know why it's so dam heavy?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Man up! It's light as a feather!!

(Although to answer your question, could be the thrust release bearing??! - Was on mine)

MCS R56
The heavy clutch.... Spoils the car in my opinion..

It really is heavy. I have tried a couple of others and they are the same.

Is there any fix for this?

Wil a new cable help?

Anyone know why it's so dam heavy?

Get some leg muscles.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't even notice it unill i get in another car and "kick" the floor whenever i change gear.

when i had a panda as a rental car the clutch was so light I always ended up slamming my foot to the ground.

Clio's are renowned to be heavy unfortunately,

ITB'd MK1
it's not heavy for a cable clutch. It's just heavier than the hydraulic softness that so many people are used to now. I prefer a heavier clutch tbh, you can feel what's going on better

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
it's not heavy for a cable clutch. It's just heavier than the hydraulic softness that so many people are used to now. I prefer a heavier clutch tbh, you can feel what's going on better

If you have a bad knee, in traffic it can be pretty uncomfortable.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
not heavy compared to a valver clutch, but heavy compared to most hydraulic clutches.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i do have bad knees. I wear support bandages on them for about 6 months of the year

Its not a competition lol. My left knee's fubar'd and I found it uncomfortable in traffic. Nowhere near as bad as the pug, and not bad enough to stop me driving them though.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I think the girly lack of feedback from the power steering is worse issue on the RS than the weight of the clutch. Its certainly heavy but not horrific.

ITB'd MK1
I think the girly lack of feedback from the power steering is worse issue on the RS than the weight of the clutch. Its certainly heavy but not horrific.

they're better if you get the alignment right. Seen a hell of a lot that are well out making the steering feather light and inprecise.

I still did a non-PAS conversion on my mk1 though. Hardening the f**k up FTW

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it is that heavy mate - if you're finding it a struggle take it somewhere to make sure it's working A-ok. Otherwise, not really sure what you can do without spending a bit of cash.

I don't even notice it unill i get in another car and "kick" the floor whenever i change gear.

Lol. I shunted a mini this week and got a Mitsu Colt 1l as a courtesy car. First time I drove it, I nearly kicked the pedal through the f**king floor.

I disagree. The worst I've driven by far was a competition clutch in a R5 gt turbo. I'm 6ft3 and have legs like a rugby player and even I thought twice about that in traffic, makes a 1*2 clutch feel like one in a supermini built for girls.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I did... But I guess driving it in traffic has made me realize just how heavy it is...

Anyone fitted a new cable and noticed a difference? I notice mine creaks a bit. It's done 66k by the way

lol man up! what are you 4ft tall weighting in at 6 stone? fair play its heavier than a day to day road car but its not exactly a challenge, plus its good for quick gear changes as it springs back very quickly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol at good for quick gearchanges, is that possible with a 1*2 gearbox?

ITB'd MK1
I disagree. The worst I've driven by far was a competition clutch in a R5 gt turbo. I'm 6ft3 and have legs like a rugby player and even I thought twice about that in traffic, makes a 1*2 clutch feel like one in a supermini built for girls.

feather light once you've used an HKS tripple paddle in a 200sx.

320d
lol at good for quick gearchanges, is that possible with a 1*2 gearbox?

Yeah, followed usually by a crunch. The drivetrain on Clio's leaves much to be desired. The clutch on both my 1.2 and 172 were really heavy compared to similar hatches.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I liken changing gear in a 1*2 to this

rh-060706-10511.jpg