ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I give in. It needed doing.

Iceberg 172
So having put off washing the Clio for weeks, I finally found a spare half an hour to give it a wash. For the detailers amongst us I used:

Meguirs microfibre washmit (oh yes)
One bucket method, using specially-formulated Polyurethane plastic bucket from Co-op
5ml Asda Spring fresh washing up liquid - I'm clean out of car shampoo....
Top of the range 10mm diameter hosepipe from B&Q
Drying done by fading winter sun as we were due round to some friends for dinner by then..... :rasp:

Anyway, months of winter dirt before:
Before10901.jpg

Before20901.jpg

Before30901.jpg

After:

After10901.jpg

After20901.jpg

First wash for newish CF splitter. Looks good clean! :D

After30901.jpg

And the Alfa still in winter hibernation in the background :eek:

And note the beading :cool:

After4Alfa.jpg

Last edited:
  Ultra Red Clio 197
So having put off washing the Clio for weeks, I finally found a spare half an hour to give it a wash. For the detailers amongst us I used:

One bucket method, using specially-formulated Polyurethane plastic bucket from Co-op
Drying done by fading winter sun as we were due round to some friends for dinner by then..... :rasp:

haha! priceless tho looks 100 times better! theres no point spending hours on the car at this time of the year!

good job!

Never above 25mpg
I prefer the red car with the beige canvas, that must be packing some power..

Alfa looks good :D

Good job on the cleaning

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
For the detailers amongst us I used:

Drying done by fading winter sun as we were due round to some friends for dinner by then.....

HAHAHA

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good effort.

Are you available to pop over and detail mine to your high standards ? I have some lime and cucumber flavour washing up liquid, j-cloths and also some scouring pads.

:rasp:

I'd keep the Fairy-liquid away from the Alfa mind. It will bubble away like acid on that Italian metal !!

;)

Iceberg 172
lol at your methods ;) the detailing guys would have a fit !

Good! :clown:

Sigh, I feel for your paintwork :(

It's only a quick wash to get the thick grime off..... it normally gets shampoo instead of washing-up liquid lol and a wax afterwards if I have time. Afraid I simply never have hours free at the weekend to spend polishing the underside of the exhaust! ;)