ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i dont belieeeeeeeve it !!!

Had a broken wheel bolt on my car....jacked up the car, took off the wheel, brake caliper & disc....& managed to remove it with no drilling or damage to the hub......EXCELENT !! i thought.......put everything back together , tighten up the wheel & what happens.....another fooker shears off !!! so again i have to strip everything down & do it all again !! bloody french shed !!!

renno in the morning to buy 2 new bolts !!.....i bet they are about a fiver each !!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lol.. sods law.. when something is going right its actually going really bad..

i already have a torque wrench......but i was using the wheel brace renno supplied with the car !!.....i could understand it shearing off if i was a numpty using a long iron bar to tighten it up !!

think i might replace all of them......if they aint stupid money !!

lol, done exactly the same thing in the summer, then a garage broke one the nxt day copying up the solid brake lines hahahaha.

Mr2 Roadster

Im running on three as I twisted the head off one, too cold oitside to fix it!

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 07 December 2003

Im running on three as I twisted the head off one, too cold oitside to fix it!
you whoos !!!! get yer butt out there & sort it out !! lol

Mr2 Roadster

Its been like it six months, I just dont care that much, trust me its strong enough to hold the wheel on!

Laws of percentages and all that!

wen i had my corsa nicked they took the alloys and put steelies on her!put 2 bolts in each wheel! i didnt notice till i drove it 10miles home that they only had 2 in each wheel! quite scary actually

Willy2

the reno wheel brace is a pile of Sh*t, i bent mine trying to take the nuts off my old williams

Clio 172 cup

Ive got a whole bucket of wheel nuts off many R5 turbos, dont know if there the same but im pretty sure they are, they have the little collars on them

there about 1.60 from demon tweeks, i expect you need to move the decimal place for the renault price.

i forgot to do them up when i changed my alloys and the wheel nearly fell off - made a rumbling noise and took a load of ali off the inside of the rim. arse!

yeah these wheel nuts are crap, I have gone through about 6 since I got my valver almost three years ago, copaslip on them makes a diiference though, when it comes to loosening them

Nightmere with the wheel nuts m8! I had one go on mine and it cost me a new hub!

You got the prima wheels on yet?

Yea, i love the patented sacrificial curbing design. Mark said his aim was to have no paint on them by nxt month.