ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to tell if it's a CUP

Hi guys,

Newbie here.

I'm potentially looking at a 197 in the next few weeks. Never had a renaultsport car before so this the start of the research!

As I've never driven one before is there some documentation, e.g. V5, that definitively states it's got the Cup chassis/pack? Or is there a specific number to look out for on the chassis number?

Thanks

Paul.

No idea about chassis numbers etc, but all cups/cup packed models came with red brakes and anthracite wheels.

V6 255
Only came in white, racing blue and nimbus. If it's not those colours it's not a cup. The red brembos. The fact you have a key, not a card and push start. The dash is different and I think they have black strips on the door as opposed to body coloured ones

Discounted 1*2 parts
Cup has no luxuries - has a key not a card, a/c not climate, black plastic mirror backings and door mouldings.

The normal 197 will have grey calipers unless it has the cup pack in which case it will have red calipers