Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to set up an mono block amplifier

Discussion in 'Interior, ICE, Security, Lighting & Electrical' started by liquid_force, Apr 12, 2006.

1. liquid_force

liquid_force

Car:
    laguna coupe
    hi i have a mutant mono block amplifier and i cant set it up for s**t where should i set all the dials to it powering two jbl subs these are the knobs its got on it gain,phase,bass equaliser low frequancy,sub boost,and i think thats it
    by the way what does a phase do

2. muz

muz

Car:
    big fat japanese bus
    firstly how have you wired the subs? in parallel I hope!

Gain should be low turn it all the way off then turn up the volume till you get distortion then turn it back a couple of notches then slowly turn up the gain a couple of degrees till you get distortion then turn it back a couple of notches.

, i take it bass equaliser low freq is low pass filter so set that to about 50 hz,

sub boost is obvious!

phase depends on how you have the subs in your boot

3. liquid_force

liquid_force

Car:
    laguna coupe
  4. liquid_force

liquid_force

Car:
    laguna coupe
    thats the picture of the amp settins where should they all be bearing in mind i want it bassy

5. Dink

Dink ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Polo + Micra
    right not set the sub sonic to 20hz

bass eq to 0dB

low pass to 80Hz

phase to 0

Level all the way to the left.

then play a track you would usually listen to find where you max volume is for the mid/highs without distrotion

then get a 50Hz test tone(pm if you need one) then play this set volume to where it was earlier (if you are getting loads of bass trying to be produced by the mids stop and apply a hpf to them) then adjust the level knob on the amp turning it to the right until the speakers start to distort then nudge it back until it's good again and your set

6. wozzaa

wozzaa

Car:
    Monaro VXR
    All this has just reminded me i really need to sort my my xovers and levels on my amps been playing with them for weeks still cant get it quite how i want it all to sound but plan to spend some time on my car tomorrow giving it a proper wash clay wax polish kinda thing and then spend some time on the sounds trying to get it sorted properly.