ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Remove Mouldings

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
I'm sorry this is noobish but how do I remove all the mouldings from the front bumper, back bumper and side panels.

Looking to colour code, is it easy-ish to do yourself?!

Cheers, Chris B.

Side ones just slide off, push back ones to the front and front ones to the back. For the others I think it's a bumper off job.

As for doing them yourself, yes it is easy, however if your wanting a perfect finish then not so much.

clio mk1 RSI
the bumpers dont have mouldings it is part of the bumper, you have to tape the painted pice then paint the other bit . best to remove the bumpers and smooth the lips while your at it. the side moulding slide off with a wee bit of force , be careful not to break the clips.push the door one forward with the door open about 30 degrees and push the rear 3/4 panel one backwards i put a bit of blue detailing tape on the paintwork, on the 3/4 panel to save any scratches.

clio mk1 RSI
as for colour coding them your self you can do it easy if you can spray out of a can ok. the only tips i can give on this is put extra work into the prep use good paint products and paint all the parts at the same time. when laquering more light coats are better than less heavy coats and give the laquer about a week to dry. if you need more details give me a shout