ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Get A Brand New ''Brembo'' 4 Pot Kit For Under £600

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
After searching myself for the cheapest way to get brand new 4 pots on the Clio, without putting second hand calipers on or refurbished ones (at a significant cost if you include buying the calipers as well), I've now found out how to get 4 pots on your Clio for under £600. I haven't seen anyone else mention something similar to this list and I hope this mini guide helps anyone wanting supreme brake performance but without spending £££. All prices include postage costs and any surcharges and are for the correct amount (4 pads, 2 discs, 2 calipers etc). I've included a few options that bump up the price, but some people might want the parts I've included.

Budweg 'Brembo' 4 Pot Calipers x2 - £204.62 (I've bought one myself to check with my brand new genuine Brembo ones and they look identical - these are re manufactured ones, but look brand new)
http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/RENAULT/CLIO/06-12/CLIO 2.0 16V 197bhp RENAULTSPORT/Front - Brake Calipers and Wheel cylinders

or
Genuine Brembo 4 pot Calipers x2 - £290
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-197-200-RenaultSport-Brembo-Front-Brake-Calipers-Pair-Grey-N-S-O-S-/231659268705?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:197&hash=item35eff7ea61

Brembo 300mm Brake Discs - £78.78
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005O96SZ8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

OE Brembo Brake Pads - £39.98
http://www.roadtrackraceparts.com/brembo-oem-brake-pads-renaultsport-clio-197-200.html

or
Mintex M1144 Brake Pads - £61
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mintex-MD...-Brake-Pads-/151839108798?hash=item235a50eebe

Mintex Pin Kit - £14.98
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-PAD-FITTING-ACCESSORY-KIT-RENAULT-CLIO-RS-BREMBO-CALIPERS-/371247013661?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:197&hash=item56700bdf1d

Genuine Goodridge Braided Lines - £42.43
http://www.optimiz-access.fr/durites-aviation-clio-2-rs-etrier-clio-3.html

Pure Motorsport Brembo 4 Pot Brackets (A little expensive, but definitely the best ones you can buy - they fit under cup turinis and have the nice touch of using all your discs edge, so no rust spots) - £205
http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=318&model=6

Total:
OE Brembo Pads with Budweg Calipers - £585.79
Mintex M1144 Pads with Budweg Calipers - £606.81
OE Brembo Pads with Genuine Brembo Calipers - £671.17
Mintex M1144 Pads with Genuine Brembo Calipers - £692.19

Hope this helps :smile:

Last edited:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You linked to my site RTR Parts already :up:

Just to clarify/make obvious I can supply pretty much all you need to do this conversion apart from the brackets currently

I also keep a selection of pads in for the Brembo 4pots and stock the 300mm Brembo HC discs (which most won't have stock despite what their listings say, as they're quite a rare/low quantity part number) and the standard size discs.

Would be Brembo/Renault calipers from myself as well

Do the calipers require having wheel spacers, or modifying to fit behind most standard wheels? ie. Trophy Turinis.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty good. I have them on the ph1 though and the master cylinder is smaller than on a ph2 so I've swapped with the 197 one to work better. Needs a bit more push on the pedal as it is slightly harder but no dramas. I have DS2500 in mine too so once warn and you are on it, they are great.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cup turinis - loadsa room!
image.jpeg
16" et37 superleggeras - not so much room! Spacer required.
image.jpeg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As said above

172 Cup - ET38.5
182 Trophy - ET45

I have 16mm spacers and extended bolts that I'm going to have to use on my speedlines

On my Prima Racing wheels they are ET36 so i don't think i will need spacers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
As said above

172 Cup - ET38.5
182 Trophy - ET45

I have 16mm spacers and extended bolts that I'm going to have to use on my speedlines

On my Prima Racing wheels they are ET36 so i don't think i will need spacers
For trophy turinis you'll get away with a 10mm spacer.

Et36 should comfortably clear them without spacers though.

clio
Got mine for 630 machined to fit under 15s with brackets fully refurbed and added upgraded parts too (pins and bleed nipples) and painted RB

For trophy turinis you'll get away with a 10mm spacer.

Et36 should comfortably clear them without spacers though.
Will Cup Turinis still need spacers then (2mm difference?), say 5mm on Cup Turinis and they're clear? I want these but don't want to start messing about really. Also, them Budweg calipers are never in stock now... does anyone know the cheapest place to get a pair (new/refurbed)?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Will Cup Turinis still need spacers then (2mm difference?), say 5mm on Cup Turinis and they're clear? I want these but don't want to start messing about really. Also, them Budweg calipers are never in stock now... does anyone know the cheapest place to get a pair (new/refurbed)?
My cup turinis clear perfectly without issue. You just can't run wheel weights on the inside where the caliper sits.

My cup turinis clear perfectly without issue. You just can't run wheel weights on the inside where the caliper sits.
Cheers for that info. Do your calipers have the corner bits rounded off for clearance, or are they just as they were when they left the factory?

2020 Merc E450 Coupe

I had cup turinis and they cleared perfectly (with the pure motorsport brackets its even better). There are also still the brand new genuine brembo calipers on eBay at £145 per caliper.

I had cup turinis and they cleared perfectly (with the pure motorsport brackets its even better). There are also still the brand new genuine brembo calipers on eBay at £145 per caliper.
I was looking at the Pure Motorsport brackets as they say they give better clearance. Do you think they'd work with my Trophy Turinis if they clear the Cup ones quite well? Or is it a gamble? I want this conversion but don't want to have to buy new wheels :( and stay clear of spacers if I can.

@jesus.. Read thead for your answer:wink:
I've been over it a few times but there are conflicting opinions throughout!

After a bit of research it seems that a new/different master cylinder is recommended. Is this required/will there be a big difference, or are they fine with just the discs, pads, calipers, lines and brackets?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1

After a bit of research it seems that a new/different master cylinder is recommended. Is this required/will there be a big difference, or are they fine with just the discs, pads, calipers, lines and brackets?

@MarcR™ might be able to help ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I changed my mater cylinder 2 years ago after bursting a brake pipe and turning the seals inside out and it was a standard Renault item.

I have not upgraded and went for anything different and my brakes are very good, The only small issue i have which i was warned about is there is some extra travel on the pedal but other than that they are very good. I do not even have squeaky pads.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

a 197 master cylinder is not needed, your current standard one will be fine. Like Marc says there is a tiny bit more pedal travel but it allows you to vary braking pressure much better.
Definitely go for the PMS mounts as long as they will fit you wheels - They fit Turinis really well with spacers. I want to buy some Ultraleggeras but dont know it they will fit with those wheels.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
a 197 master cylinder is not needed, your current standard one will be fine. Like Marc says there is a tiny bit more pedal travel but it allows you to vary braking pressure much better.
Definitely go for the PMS mounts as long as they will fit you wheels - They fit Turinis really well with spacers. I want to buy some Ultraleggeras but dont know it they will fit with those wheels.
It'll be the spokes and inner part of the rim that will potentially cause you a headache mate. Look at the pics of my superleggeras and you'll see what I'm on about. Et37 for reference as well.