ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much wax?

Clio 1.5 dci
I did my first ever detail today with my new DA (I'll do a little write up later) the wax I used dodo juice Diammond White hard wax, I only ordered a sample size pot (30ml) as I wanted to see if I liked the wax first and I reckon I used about 2/3 so is about 20ml of wax roughly the right around to use on a car? I personally reckon I slightly over applied but obviously I have no idea as this was my first time....

e92 330i
I think they say 3-4 coats out of a panel pot, car size dependant to. But if you used a 1/3 that sounds ok.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Waaaaay to much mate. The wax should be hardly seen on the panel.

I must have had 10+ coats out of a Purple Haze panel pot and still have lots left. Once the applicator is "loaded" with product you really hardly need to revisit the pot.

It's a 30ml pot iirc.

Not a 320d
swipe the pad twice (because u have a small sample pot wont be big enough to load up an entire pad) gently then rub it in as best u can. The thinner the better, but make sure its even.

With carbon I do an entire pannel or half my roof on a single gentle swipe. Not sure how gally manages to do an entire car from one swipe :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols. I didn't mean that you penis. I did about 4 panels with 1 rub of Glasur.

Did about 4 panels with Bouncer's aswell. So buttery and oily.

Clio 1.5 dci
right ok, it wont effect the protection of the paint will it that i over applied it? and my photos are just uploading to photobucket so write up will be here soon!

Not a 320d
right ok, it wont effect the protection of the paint will it that i over applied it? and my photos are just uploading to photobucket so write up will be here soon!

Dont worry about it. Just a note for next time thats all. Save your money too.

Clio 1.5 dci
cheers, i thought i slightly over applied but not by that much! and PB isn't playing ball tonight don't know whats going on with it!