ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much to get a clio track ready??

Any car can be fun on track, even the Ford C-Max I drove on a big toll road to no where in germany was a hoot!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any car can be fun on track

TBH, although obviously any car is better than no car, cars that handle really badly just frustrate me a lot.
My ITB corsa for example is pretty quick for an N/A car, but I dont enjoy driving it anywhere near as much as my far slower mk1 clio that handles well.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Any car can be fun on track, even the Ford C-Max I drove on a big toll road to no where in germany was a hoot!

I actually think If I tracked my old 1.2 PH1 it would kill me, It had more body roll then a boat in a tropical storm :rasp:

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

These are well known as easily the best 'drivers car' in its class actually mate, so not surprised at all.

It pretty much rewrote the rulebook

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
These are well known as easily the best 'drivers car' in its class actually mate, so not surprised at all.

Are you practicing for a journo job at Evo? you really have the lingo spot on :cry:

Ah fair play, didnt know that. Only thing that was frustrating was the bloody TC kicking in on karussel

Trophy #382
Trophy ftw, adjustable front dampers from super soft to bloody stiff, nice set of springs, camber bolts and whiteline. Dampers mean it can handle track rubber or road driving, nice seats, air con mean it can be driven daily then be hooned round track. Trophys are so much fun on track after about £300 spending on them. Silly to buy anything else unless you want a race car.

Disagree? Id happily take you out in mine and hunt down any 'track' clio going.

What does your £300 include?

172 Race Car
If i was to buy another Clio for road use and occasional trackdays id get a trophy no doubt. Very impressed with the ones ive been in.

As for stripping. Baws to that on the road. Never again.

To answer the thread title to get a clio track ready will cost you £72

For a tank of fuel,thats all they 'need'. Anything else is just tinsel

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If i was to buy another Clio for road use and occasional trackdays id get a trophy no doubt. Very impressed with the ones ive been in.

As for stripping. Baws to that on the road. Never again.

To answer the thread title to get a clio track ready will cost you £72

For a tank of fuel,thats all they 'need'. Anything else is just tinsel

I would add £126.99 for brake pads, i used oem spec pads and they died after a handful of laps. Not good.

Pathfinder n 172cup
172 cup all the way for me no abs no tc nowt fancy about them at all really just bloody good
fun though. Id defo recommend decent tyres yoko's toyo's something like that and a decent brake
Setup. So far ive stripped the rear seats out fitted
Motordrive buckets , gaz coilovers , ebc brakes , ramair ind kit , cat back ss exhaust and just finished fitting front n rear
Omp strut braces that i bought off here but it does not
need all this to be fun on track its how i what it

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I've actually come back onto the forum after a year because this is exactly what I want to do.

I'm putting money aside every month to put towards getting a track car, I'm trying to gauge what is best to do so any help/advice would be amazing!

I'm thinking of getting a 172 PH1/2 for around £1200/1400 in good working order, I want to strip it and have it on a trailer which I can tow around (hopefully with my Fabia VRS).

I'll sell everything I don't need and spend some money on brakes, suspension and a single seat (maybe 2 if they were a good deal), doing everything myself on my weekends and tracking it in the summer.

I'm happy to pay for storage (car strapped to a trailer) for the year and pick it up as and when required.

If you guys could keep your eyes out for a good car for me that would be a massive help!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I don't think stripping the car is good unless it's just for track use. On the road it will be very noisy. I sometimes take the back seats out but they don't weight that much. Far better getting decent brakes and tyres and a performance air filter element as well as upgrading the engine mountings. Over the past three and a half years I've replaced the dogbone bush for a Powerflex one, K Tec engine mountings, green cotton air filter, braided brake lines , Ferodo DS2500 pads all round, Brembo HC front discs, left the calipers as standard, Toyo R1-R tyres, Scorpion cat back stainless exhaust. That's turned it into a really good track car that I can use on the road as well. The interior is complete so it's comfortable on the road. The Aircon works so staying in. Everything works as it should so I can't see the point in stripping it out. The whole car is in nice condition as well despite 123,000 miles. All my family say how nice a car it is.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898851.752536.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898851.752536.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898874.725715.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898874.725715.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 29
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898897.260858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898897.260858.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 26
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898925.168621.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331898925.168621.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 41
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331899030.500107.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331899030.500107.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331899175.438073.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331899175.438073.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 27
  120d M Sport
Looks nice that Mark, only thing I reckon could improve your set up is some Eibach springs, for £150 that they cost they're meant to make a nice difference with little compromise to the ride quality.

I want to strip it and have it on a trailer which I can tow around (hopefully with my Fabia VRS).

800KG braked tow limit on a Fabia - goes to no towing on a vRS Skoda tech page here

It's all personal choice in the end with no right or wrong. Money is the biggest limiting factor and how much you want to spend and possibly throw down the pan. I started leaving it alone then got hooked, now look what I've done....some say ruined, some say not....