ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is the 197 worth?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Thinking of trading it in for a 3 series soon and was wondering how much I should push for as a trade in or should I just try and get more off the new car?

197:
56 plate 19k, racing blue, climate, sunroof, electric folding mirrors, MP3, Xenons, auto headlights. Stonechips in usual places but nothing too noticeable. No dents or scratches etc.

Clio 197 F1
Renault Clio Renaultsport (06 on) 2.0 16V (197bhp) 3d Change
2. 2006/56 Change
3. Average mileage: 20,000 miles

Original Price £15,947
Franchised Dealer £11,265
Independent Dealer £10,600
Private Good £9,645
Private Poor £7,800
Part Exchange £8,880

Thats from parkers, but doesnt take into account any of your options.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Thats more than what MINI offered. lol No wonder they didn't get the sale.

Was just wondering how much more I could push as the E91 is £36k and their bussiness is slow.

White 197
Our 57 plate basic plus metallic import car, went after 6 months for £9,500 with 8k miles on it.

We did get bids as high as £11,000. Out of interest Glasses are valuing it at around £9,100.

So I would be aiming for £9,000.

I would tell Mini to go shove it. They won't discount their car and they are clearly not being helpful with the p/x. I suspect their arrogance will bite them in the bum during the Credit Crunch. I already know of one Mini Dealer who's Dealer Principle has been made redundant and I bet there could be more.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It's expected loss really.

Thanks catherine. I'll see what the dealer can come up with. Hopefully can still get a good discount on the MY09 car.

M135i
2. 2006/56 Change

Original Price £15,947
Private Good £9,645
Private Poor £7,800
Part Exchange £8,880

lol

when people come into my showroom with a Parkers guide, i ask them what comic they are reading.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
2. 2006/56 Change

Original Price £15,947
Private Good £9,645
Private Poor £7,800
Part Exchange £8,880

lol

when people come into my showroom with a Parkers guide, i ask them what comic they are reading.

Ado, a 08/08 RB cupped 197 with options got traded for £11k on RS last week!!!

The market is full of timewasters & dreamers at present as i have witnessed:mad:

C63 AMG
2. 2006/56 Change

Original Price £15,947
Private Good £9,645
Private Poor £7,800
Part Exchange £8,880

lol

I suppose Parkers may be an in joke for dealers. A source of mockery if you will. But for ill-informed buyers of cars looking to trade their current motor it is a useful guide. Perhaps it is not totally accurate, but I'll bet a night with my mum it is not far off.

There is a clear a-symmetry of information between buyers and sellers of cars. Where the seller is the less informed (the customer trading their car), the buyer (the dealer) has an acute advantage. Arming yourself with at least the guide helps you avoid a rodgering by the buyer.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
lol

Ado, a 08/08 RB cupped 197 with options got traded for £11k on RS last week!!!

The market is full of timewasters & dreamers at present as i have witnessed:mad:

PM'd Jimbo. Cheers

I did notice steve. Someone offered 6k for the car and I was tempted to say go forth and multiply with yourself. lol Any closer to selling the trophy?

White 197
We have had a bid today of £10k for our 8,500 mile Feb 08 197 with lots of options.

The dealer was giving us in return a 17% discount on a Laguna GT.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I think if you're getting anywhere near the price guides P/X figure you are doing well at the moment. Most dealers are not even checking the guides but ringing round and just offering the customer what they can trade the vehicle on for, which is usually hundreds of pounds less than the P/X figures.

Elise 111R
I think if you're getting anywhere near the price guides P/X figure you are doing well at the moment. Most dealers are not even checking the guides but ringing round and just offering the customer what they can trade the vehicle on for, which is usually hundreds of pounds less than the P/X figures.

think they've been doing that for a while now....